Monday, January 21, 2019, 11:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
The 33rd Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. President's Luncheon will take place on Martin Luther King Day, Monday, January 21, 2019 in the EMU Student Center Grand Ballroom. Doors open at 11 a.m. with lunch beginning at 11:30 a.m. Our distinguished keynote speaker will be Keith Boykin, CNN political commentator and NYT bestselling author.
Ticket prices for the 2019 MLK Luncheon are $15 for students (student ID required) and $30 for faculty, staff and community members. Tables of eight can be purchased October 1 through October 26. Individual ticket sales will be open on October 29 and run though MLK day. Tickets may be purchased in-person, by phone or online as follows:
- EMU Convocation Center Ticket Office: Monday—Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Closed Dec. 21, 2018–Jan. 1, 2019)
- EMU Student Center Ticket Office: Monday—Friday, 5 to 9 p.m. (Closed Dec. 14, 2018–January 6, 2019)
- Call 734.487.2282, Monday—Friday, 10 a.m.–9 p.m. ($4 processing fee per order)
- Go to the EMU Ticket website (Note: $3.50 per ticket fee and $1.50 processing fee per order will be charged)
Complimentary Student Ticket
- Complimentary student tickets sponsored by EMU Student Government can be reserved through the Center for Multicultural Affairs.
There is a maximum purchase of eight tickets per order. Tables seat eight people. If you are purchasing a table, please consider making a $1,000 donation to the MLK Legacy Fund to support future programming and student scholarships.
Call for Student Master of Ceremonies
The Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Luncheon Committee is seeking two students to serve as the 2019 MLK Masters of Ceremonies, scheduled on January 21, 2019. One student will also be selected to introduce the guest speaker, Keith Boykin, for the keynote presentation following the luncheon.
We are seeking students who possess good academic standing and excellent oral skills and stage presence, with a friendly TruEMU spirit.
If you are interested in applying to serve as one of the Luncheon MCs, submit a letter of interest, along with your resume to the MLK President's Luncheon Chair, Tray McGuire at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 26 at 11:59 p.m. Your letter of interest must include responses to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in being an MC for the MLK President's Luncheon?
- How has MLK's legacy inspired and impacted you?
- What does this year's theme, "We the People: Standing Against Injustice," mean to you?
- What are your involvements and/or leadership roles within EMU and the surrounding community?
Important Dates Reminder
- November 26, 2018 - Deadline for submission of resume and letter of interest (11:59 p.m.).
- November 28, 2018 – December 6, 2018 - Interviews will be conducted.
- December 7, 2018 - Selected MCs will be announced.
- January 21, 2019 - MLK President's Luncheon.
Selected MCs will be required to attend scheduled rehearsals prior to the January 21, 2019 luncheon. For any questions, email or call Tray McGuire at email@example.com or 734.487.8912. We look forward to your involvement!
For More Information
Regarding tickets for the luncheon, contact any of the following individuals: