Saturday, January 18, 2020
An Inspirational Afternoon of Song, Dance and Spoken Word Honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
4 p.m. (Doors open at 3:30 p.m.), Pease Auditorium (494 College Place at the intersection of West Cross Street and College Place in Ypsilanti)
Free admission | Get directions.
Eastern Michigan University is excited to host our second Martin Luther King Jr. Gospel Fest. This multi-generational program is a space for performing ministries and choirs to honor Dr. King’s spiritual foundation. The program is free to the public and will serve as the host to several EMU gospel singers and groups, local high schools and community faith-based ministries and choirs.
MLK Gospel Fest Co-Chairs
- TaQuinda Johnson - Social Media Specialist, Division of Communications
- Da'Tuan Stinson - EMU Gospel Choir President and Director
- Doris Fields - Director of Undergraduate Studies and Professor of Communications, CMTA
Masters of Ceremonies
- Keith Jason, EMU Alumnus and former MLK Committee member
- Da'Tuan Stinson, Gospel Fest Co-Chair and EMU Gospel Choir President and Director
Performing Individuals, Groups and Ministries
- Ypsilanti Community High School Choir - Musical Selection
- CES - Spoken Word
- Reach Church Praise Team - Musical Selections
- Pastor Kevin Sanders - Spoken Word
- Michigan Mass Gospel Choir - Musical Selections
- Dancers of David - Dance Selection
- Carlos Whitlow & GP - Musical Selections
- Gene Alexander - Christian Hip Hop Selection
- EMU Gospel Choir - Musical Selections
The EMU Gospel Fest Committee would like to offer special thanks to the following:
President James Smith and Dr. Connie Ruhl-Smith, MLK Steering Committee, MLK Celebration Planning Committee, Division of Communications, Keith P. Jason, STUFD, Unite Community Church, Kings For Christ, Warriors, EMU Gospel Choir, and all of the participating ministers and performers for their gifts, anointing, talent, and time.