Eastern Michigan University's School of Music & Dance is a place to combine your passion for music with the practical skills, resources and relationships you need to reach your professional ambitions. Our National Association of Schools of Music (NASM) accredited programs offer undergraduate and graduate students an affordable education from highly acclaimed, award-winning faculty sharing a wealth of expertise and opportunities. Whether you choose to major or minor in music, use your talents to educate, perform as a solo artist or part of an ensemble, or even help others therapeutically, get the foundation you need to build a fulfilling career in the professional world.
Our comprehensive School of Music & Dance offers:
- Bachelor of Music Education
- Bachelor of Music Performance
- Bachelor of Music Therapy
- Bachelor of Arts Major
- Master of Music in Composition
- Master of Music in Conducting
- Master of Music in Music Education
- Master of Music in Performance
- Master of Music in Piano Pedagogy
- Bachelor of Arts in Dance
- Minors in music, musical theatre and dance
The School of Music & Dance is a highly active program with approximately 300 undergraduate and graduate students. The unit has 26 full-time faculty and 40 adjunct faculty members. The faculty and students of the School of Music & Dance produce more than 250 performances and presentations annually and promote a vibrant culture of research and scholarship. The School of Music & Dance is working toward an All-Steinway School distinction.