Check Your Recital Credit
Concert and Recital Attendance Graduation Requirement
Each student must attend a specified number of recitals/concerts (events) to earn their degree, as described below.
Bachelor of Music Performance - 80 events (10 per semester for 8 semesters). For students who transferred to EMU, 10 per semester, while studying at EMU.
All other music degrees - 72 events (9 per semester for 8 semesters). For students who transferred to EMU, 9 per semester, while studying at EMU.
Please see the School of Music & Dance for applicable events (website).
- Students are strongly encouraged to attend the indicated number of events per semester for their major. Students will receive credit for no more than 30 events per academic year.
- Music Education and Music Therapy students should complete this requirement before student teaching or internship (exceptions approved by the school director).
- Students must attend an entire event to receive credit. Students who participate in more than 50% of an event as a performer may not count that event towards the attendance requirement.
- When available, pick up an attendance card from a faculty greeter before the start of the event and return it to the faculty member after the event. The faculty member will initial your card and submit it to the Music & Dance office.
- For events without a faculty greeter, a program signed by any faculty member after the event is also acceptable. Be sure that both your name and student number are listed on the program and submit it to the Music & Dance office within 14 days of the event.
- Submit your ticket stub (for ticketed events) or program (for non-ticketed events) to the Music & Dance office within 14 days of the event. Your applied teacher must sign programs before submitting it (Students not currently enrolled in applied music may have their program signed by any faculty member). Be sure that both your name and EID are listed on the ticket stub or program.