Check Your Recital Credit
Recital Attendance Requirement
- Each undergraduate music major must attend a total of 80 recitals/concerts (events) during their time of undergraduate studies; they will receive credit for no more than 25 events per academic year.
- Students who fail to meet this requirement will not be permitted to graduate.
- The number of events that transfer students and students seeking a second bachelor’s degree must attend will be prorated, based on the number of semesters of work remaining at the time of their matriculation.
- Normally, each semester the student will attend at least ten musical events, of which five are usually the School of Music and Dance weekly student recitals.
- Credit will be received for attendance at any School of Music and Dance event.
- Students must be present for an entire event to receive credit. The cards are collected
at the end of the program. A student who is performing in an event may receive recital attendance credit for that event if the student performs in less than 50 percent of the event.