National Choral Composition Competition
The Eastern Michigan University Choral Composition Competition prize will be awarded to the first-place winner in the Choral Composition Contest. Sponsored by the Eastern Michigan University Choral Department.
- The entry fee is $15.
- The currency is U.S. Dollar (USD).
- The postmark deadline is November 1, 2018.
- Mixed choir (SATB)
- Unaccompanied, or keyboard accompaniment
- Two to five minutes' duration
- Unpublished works only
- Rights to text must be cleared, and evidence of copyright holder's permission must be shown.
- Choral music suitable for high school ensembles
- Eastern Michigan University faculty and staff are not eligible
- First - $500
- Prize money will not be awarded if no composition is deemed worthy.
- Winner will be contacted via email, February 1, 2019
- Finalists are required to be present for one performance of their work. Eastern Michigan University will reimburse travel expenses up to a maximum of $250. Lodging and food are the responsibility of the finalists.
- Finalists will be announced by February 1, 2019.
- Winning competition will be performed multiple times throughout Michigan, Ohio, Germany, Austria and Poland as a part of the EMU Choir performance 2018–2019 touring repertoire.
Submission and Return Guidelines
- Entry fee of $15 per score. Make checks payable to Eastern Michigan University Choir.
- Include your name, email and phone number(s) in a sealed envelope.
- Names must not appear on the score.
- Size of manuscript must not exceed 8 1/2" by 11."
- All scores selected for performance will be reproduced by Eastern Michigan University and all copies destroyed after the concert.
- No scores will be returned unless a self-addressed mailer and postage are provided.
Mail entry to
Dr. Brandon Johnson
Eastern Michigan University Choral Department
101N Alexander Building
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Please send any questions to: email@example.com