The School of Music & Dance will be hosting these virtual Open House events to help prospective students meet our faculty and learn about our programs. We've held successful open house events earlier this year for both Music and Dance. Register below for our upcoming Music Open House on February 10.
Register for a virtual Music Open House:
Music Open House Schedule, February 10
See the sessions below for the Music Open House on February 10. Click the buttons to join each Zoom session.
- Introduction/welcome from the director of the School of Music and Dance.
- Welcome from the dean of the College of Arts and Sciences
- Music & Dance Facilities Virtual Tour
- Learn about our majors
- Learn about our ensembles
- Financial aid information
- Admissions information
- Music & Dance Advising
Second hour: 7:30-8:30 p.m.
Breakout Sessions (Choose three - rotate every 20 minutes)
Use the links below to join Zoom breakout sessions. Each session will be repeated at 7:30, 7:50, and 8:10 pm.
- Music Education Hosted by Dr. Heather Shouldice, Coordinator of Music Education
- Music Therapy Hosted by Prof. Laura Pawuk and Dr. Debra Gombert
- Musical Theatre Hosted by Prof. Phil Simmons, Professor of Dance and Musical Theatre
- Choir Hosted by Dr. Brandon Johnson, Director of Choral Activities
- Orchestra and Strings Hosted by Dr. Chad Hutchinson, Prof. Deborah Pae, and Prof. Dan Foster
- Percussion Hosted by Prof. John Dorsey, Professor of Percussion
- Woodwinds Hosted by Prof. Sandra Jackson, Professor of Clarinet, and Dr. Julie Stone, Professor of Flute
- Brass Hosted by Dr. Don Babcock, Professor of Trombone and Jazz
- Voice Hosted by Dr. MeeAe Nam, Professor of Voice
- Piano Hosted by Dr. Joel Schoenhals, Professor of Piano
- Q & A for parents Hosted by Dr. Christopher Barrick, Director, School of Music & Dance