Eastern Michigan University
direct edit

Post-Baccalaureate Certificate

The specialized studies through this program can prepare you to become a certified music teacher or meet eligibility requirements to take the music therapy certification exam. Please note that you must be a graduate of a National Association of Schools of Music accredited institution, or an equivalent institution outside of the United States, to qualify for admission. If you're seeking a second bachelor's degree, you'll need to complete the undergraduate application process.

Elementary and Secondary Teacher Certification

Since program certification requirements vary for these certifications, please contact both the College of Education and the School of Music and Dance for information.

Music Therapy Equivalency Certificate

If you are applying for this program, please note that you do not need to fill out the application's "Piano Placements" and "Music Theory Assessment" exam portions. Only those students who wish to enroll in applied music need to complete the "Audition" portion. The applied music audition, if selected, is for placement purposes only and does not determine acceptance into the program.

If you're interested in pursuing the Music Therapy Equivalency certificate, please email Dr. Theresa Merrill at tmerril1@emich.edu or call 734.487.0198 before completing the online application.

The School of Music & Dance is part of the College of Arts & Sciences, 214 Pray-Harrold • Faculty Resources