Advising Frequently Asked Questions
HOW DO I GO ABOUT REGISTERING FOR NEXT SEMESTER?
- For help with General Education course selection, review General Education Advising
- Determine the earliest date/time you may register via my.emich.edu by looking up your registration appointment
- Download the Course Schedule Books and Student Guides for the semester
- Then, enroll for General Education courses you want, and complete registration for music classes, at my.emich.edu
WHICH CLASSES DO I NEED TO TAKE?
- View your degree program.
- Download the General Education requirements
- Review your online transcript (my.emich.edu)
- See "Course Selection for Second Semester Music Majors" below.
WHO SHOULD I CONTACT FOR ADVISING?
Honors Advising: Starkweather Hall, 1st Floor (487.0341); E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Music Advising: start with your applied music teacher; music therapy majors see Dr. Merrill.
- Students with questions faculty advisors aren¹t able to answer should contact Dr. Pierce, the Coordinator of Music Advising.To request an appointment or for answers to advising questions, send an e-mail to Dr. Pierce.
I'M A SECOND-SEMESTER MUSIC MAJOR, WHAT COURSES SHOULD I TAKE?
- Generally, you continue in the next term of sequence courses:
- MUSC 102 Music Theory II
- MUSC 129 Aural Skills II
- You must enroll in the same block of MUSC 102 and MUSC 129, e.g. if you take MUSC 102 at 10 AM Mon/Wed/Fri, you must take MUSC 129 at 10 AM Tues/Thurs.
- MUSC 252 Functional Piano
- Applied Music registration
- Ensemble(s): may require audition‹see ensemble director
- You enroll in General Education courses on your own (online using your my.emich account)
- If you are a MEDI (music education instrumental) or MEDV (music education vocal) major, you may begin taking secondary instrument classes.