Alliance Career Development Award
The Nonprofit Leadership Alliance Career Development Award (formerly known as the NextGen Award) is designed to eliminate the barrier of an unpaid internship by providing $2,000 internship stipends for students completing their Certified Nonprofit Professional (CNP) credential. The program also fosters partnerships with internship sites, building stronger relationships with our national and local partners. Another important goal of the Alliance Career Development Award program is to promote diversity of CNPs in the workforce.
Program Information and Qualifications
- A stipend of $2,000 is provided by the Alliance.
- The application is only open every Fall semester, and the internship must be completed in the following year.
- The stipend is awarded only to students who have not yet conducted their 300-hour internship that meets the CNP credential requirement.
- Added points are assigned to applicants with documented financial need, which is determined by a student’s FAFSA Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) number.
- Added points are assigned to candidates who acquire internships with the Alliance’s Nonprofit Workforce Partners.
- Students must complete 1-2 nonprofit-related courses before applying for the award and receive prior approval from Susan Badger Booth, EMU NLA Campus Executive Director.
- Only Junior, Senior, and Graduate students may apply.
Every student applicant must review the Scholarship Guide prior to submitting their application. This award is administered by the national Nonprofit Leadership Alliance, not the EMU chapter of the NLA. More info about the Alliance Career Development Award can be found here.