Living on Campus

You can live in a residence hall or at a university apartment. All traditional age freshman (first year) Bachelors degree students must live in the residence halls. Apply early! Please note submission of applications does not guarantee you placement.

Note: Bed linens, blankets, pillows, and towels are not provided in on campus housing.

Residence Halls

All assignments are made on a first-come, first-serve basis. See pictures, room layouts, and prices for the 12 different halls at

Basic furniture is provided. You must complete an online contract that includes your room and meal plans. There is a $100USD pre-payment fee. It can be paid online with Master Card, American Express, or Discover. It can also be paid by check to: Cashier's Office, Eastern Michigan University, 201 Pierce Hall, Ypsilanti, MI 48197. University Housing recommends the credit card method as it validates your contract quicker. For Residence Hall Linens please visit

Click here for the Guide to Campus Living.

University Apartments

University Apartments is a great option for students! The Apartments office offers on-campus living with an off-campus feel. Brown/Munson and Cornell Courts are the best complexes for international students; both are within walking distance of main campus.

Westview Apartments, another option, is across from the Convocation Center and Rynearson Stadium, in west campus.

All of our apartments have a kitchen and private bath, along with a bedroom and living room area. Brown/Munson Apartments are furnished with a couch, coffee table, end table, kitchen table with two chairs, dresser, and a bed. Cornell Courts and Westview Apartments offer both furnished and unfurnished apartments.

For information on how to apply click on

Please review the flyer for International Students before applying; this contains a great deal of information that will help you submit your application materials.Click here for the Guide to Campus Living.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at:  or to call: 734.487.4946.

Please contact University Housing at: 734-487-1300 or

Living off Campus

If you are not a freshman (first year) Bachelors degree student, you may live off campus. There are many apartments available near EMU.

You can find information about Tenants & Landlord Information at Tenants & Landlords: A Practical Guide.

Renters Insurance

If you rent an apartment, it is a good idea to purchase renter's insurance to protect your belongings against fire and theft. If your landlord has insurance it only protects the building, not your personal belongings.



Apartment Flier

check in

Apartment Flier