Creating a New Page in Omni CMS
Step by Step Instructions
- The first step to creating a new page is to write your content (get tips to help). Once your content is ready to go, log in to Omni CMS.
- Next, determine if this page is going to be a part of a new section on your site or a single page of content. If you are creating a new section (with multiple new pages), the first thing you'll do is create a new folder.
- If you created a folder, click into it. If not, click into the folder where your new content will live.
- Once you are in that folder, click on the "new" button and choose "interior page".
- The form below will appear. Here's which fields to complete and how:
- Page title: Put in your page title. Be sure your title has proper grammar and spelling. Example: "Financial Aid Documents".
- Description: Add a description. Your description should be at least 25 words in full sentences describing what the user will find on the page. Example: "Find all the documents needed to apply for financial aid including FASFA instructions, scholarship applications and requirements and contact information for assistance."
- Filename: The next element to fill out is the file name field. Just like with folder names, image and document names,file name should be:
- One to two words
- Separated by dashes (not underscores)
- Lowercase letters
- No symbols
- Then click Create.
- Once you have populated your new page with content meeting University standards, you may request to have this page added to your navigation by filling out a web request.