- It is inappropriate to use headers to emphasize information. Headers are only to be used in creating proper hierarchy.
- We also do not use italics or underlining.
- Do not use color or color fonts, especially red, for emphasis. Instead use bold font or place the content into a float box snippet to bring attention to the content.
- Do not indent content.
- Do not use all capitals.
- The only appropriate way add emphasis to content is using the bold option. It is recommended to only bold the most important content you would like to emphasize. The more you bold, the less likely users are to read your content.
- You may also use the float box snippet to bring attention to content. (Find out how to add a snippet to a page.)
- Buttons are a good way to add emphasis to a link or action step.