New Student Orientation
EMU’s two-part New Student Orientation program is designed to show you the ins-and-outs of life at EMU and to take care of the business aspects of starting your EMU career. Orientation begins in the spring with a one-day Fast Track session (several date options available). It continues August 30 with a three-day fall orientation, First Three, before classes begin.
Over the course of these two sessions, you’ll be able to:
- Meet with advising staff to discuss your goals for college, general education requirements and class schedule options for the fall semester
- Register for fall classes
- Have your ID card photo taken
- Meet fellow first-year students
- Get familiar with the people and places that will become an important part of your life over the next four years
- Hear from professors about what to expect in the college classroom
- Learn about campus housing, financial aid, academic support services, campus events, community service, clubs and organizations, study abroad, intramural sports, Greek life, campus employment and more!
Fast Track Orientation
When you log in to register, you will see a list of available dates. Fast Track sessions are offered several times a month to accommodate your schedule.
A typical Fast Track session runs from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (approximately). Arrival time can vary. Please view your confirmation letter to confirm your schedule. Attending the earliest possible Fast Track date gives you the best chance at getting the classes you want for the Fall 2019 semester. Select the date that works best for your schedule and be sure to register for a date when you can attend the entire day. You can view the available Fast Track dates when you register for the program.
All new freshmen are required to attend orientation. These programs are vital to ensuring your successful transition to EMU. If you live too far away to attend Fast Track in person, please complete the online registration form and you will receive instructions for setting up an individual phone conference.
Parents and family members should also attend Fast Track; we offer valuable information regarding financial, business, academic and other student support resources. We also offer guidance to help prepare parents and family members for the transition to college. Up to two family members may attend Fast Track with you and up to four family members may attend the first day of fall orientation with you.
First Three Orientation
First Three will take place August 30 - September 1, 2019. This three-day experience will introduce you to the resources, people, and information you will need to be successful in your first year. Your registration for Fast Track also registers you for First Three.
If you have accessibility or accommodation needs for campus events or activities due to a disability, contact EMU's Disability Resource Center at 734.487.2470. Reasonable arrangements require practical advanced notice of need.