Any links you create are required to follow the guidelines expressed in the Web Style Guide, but here are some tips:
- Do not link URLs on your site. Highlight a word or phrase inside a full sentence that describes where the link will take the user. Example: Go to the Office of Financial Aid site.
- Do not link "click here." or "here" Reword your sentence so you can link from text (see example above).
- If the link you are adding takes the user away from your site, please change the “target” drop-down to “new window”.
- You do not need to add underlining. It will automatically appear.
- All links are required to have a title in the title field. The title must be a full sentence with proper grammar and spelling telling the user what is going to happen when they click on the link.
- Example: Go to the Admissions site.
- Example: Visit the wikipedia site.
- Example: Download the registration [PDF].
- If you are uploading a PDF, you must add [PDF] to the end of the link. Example: Download the links [PDF].
- It should also appear in the link title. Example: Download the links [PDF]. PDFs should always be set to open in a new window.