- B.S., Physics, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
- M.S., Physics, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
- Ph.D., Physics, Wayne State University, Michigan, USA
Interests and Expertise
Professor Shen established the Surface Science Nano-Tribology Laboratory in the Department of Physics and Astronomy.
Publications and Presentations
- Experimental Study of Mechanical Properties and Scratch Resistance of Ultra-thin Diamond-Like-Carbon (DLC) Coatings Deposited on Glass, J. Tribology International (JTRI), 44(1) 55–62 (2011).
- Microscale Patterning of Two-Component Biomedical Hydrogel, The Journal of Adhesion, 1545–5823, 86(1) 1–9 (2010).
- Study of Tribological and Mechanical Properties of Mold-in-Color Polypropylene Used in Automobile Industry, Chapter 16, page 533–555 in book, Polymer Tribology edited by Sujeet K. Sinha and Brian J. Briscoe, ISBN-13 978-1-84816-202-0; ISBN-10 1-84816-202-2 (2009).
- Mechanical and Biological Properties of Nanoporous Carbon Membranes, Biomed. Mater. 3(2008) 034107
- Study of Corrosion Initiation of a Steel Panel from a Defect in Coating Using Localized Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy (LEIS), Journal of ASTM International, 4(10), (2007). The paper was chosen to receive the 2007 Sam Tour Award from ASTM Committee G01 on the Corrosion of Metals. The Award is given each year to the paper that shows the most outstanding merit in the field of improvements and evaluation of corrosion testing methods.
- Determination of the cross-sectional area of the indenter in nano indentation tests, Physical B: Condensed Matter, 391(1), 118(2007).Some
- Complementary Scratch Resistance Characterization Methods, J. Coatings Technology, Research, 3(4), 249(2006).
- Characterization of Mar/Scratch Resistance of Coatings with a Nano-Indenter and Scanning Probe Microscope, Chapter 8, page 166–185 in Scratching of Materials and Applications by Sujeet K. Sinha, Tribology and Interface Engineering Series, Editor: B. J. Briscoe, published by Elsevier, ISBN: 0-444-52880-6, (2006).