- Ph.D., Mississippi State University, 2007
- MPPA, Mississippi State University, 2003
- BA, Rust College, 2001
- Curriculum Vitae [PDF]
Interests and Expertise
- Public administration
- Public policy
- Public budgeting
- Performance management
PLSC 510, Tuesdays, 6-8:40, 325 Pray Harrold
Selected Publications and Presentations
- “Altering Public Sector Accountability Models: The Case of the Atlanta Cheating Scandal” with Gregory Plagens, Aaron Rollins and Elizabeth Evans. Forthcoming Public Performance and Management Review.
- “Performance Management and Ethics: The Case of Veterans’ Affairs and Timely Services” with Gregory Plagens Public Integrity Vol. 20, No. 2 (2018):150–162.
- "Shifting the Blame in Public Education: Are There Parallels Between Opinion and Policy, " with Aaron Rollins Journal of Public Management and Social Policy, Vol. 23, No. 2 (2016): 51–66.
- “Performance Policies and Workforce Development: Can the Market Model Be Successfully Implemented in the Public Arena?” Politics and Policy, Vol. 44, No. 6 (2016): 1116–1157.
- “Assessing Public Sector Performance Reforms and the Plight of Disadvantaged Citizens,” with Aaron Rollins, Public Administration Quarterly, Vol. 39, No. 4 (2015): 151–187.