Safety and Health Professional (SHP) – General Industry Concentration
Designed for safety professionals at all levels, participants can earn a Safety and Health Professional certificate after successfully completing a minimum of six courses. This program can be completed entirely online.
Our safety programs provide real-world safety training that can be immediately applied in the workplace, giving you the knowledge in many safety and health subjects that will allow you to build upon your safety expertise.
Participants must successfully complete six required courses totaling a minimum of 118 contact hours through the Great Lakes OSHA Education Center.* The certificate program can be completed in as little as six months to one calendar year.
Individuals completing the SHP program will be recognized by their peers as having achieved a superior safety education and will gain credentials that will help them stand out from other safety professionals.
Five Steps to Completing your Safety Certificate
- Enroll as a certificate program member ($50 membership fee) to receive a 10% discount on each course in your program.
- Register for classes using your discount code.
- Complete all required and elective classes.
- Contact [email protected] to confirm your completion status and receive your certificate and digital badge.
- Accept your digital badge and add it to your LinkedIn profile or email signature.
- OSHA #511 Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry (26) or Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry - Online (26)
- OSHA #2015 Hazardous Materials (26) or Hazardous Materials - Online (26)
- OSHA #521 OSHA Guide to Industrial Hygiene (26) or Industrial Hygiene – Online (26)
- OSHA #2255 Principles of Ergonomics (18) or Principles of Ergonomics – Online (18)
- OSHA #7300 Understanding OSHA’s Permit-Required Confined Space Standard (7)
or OSHA #2264 Permit-Required Confined Space Entry (20) or Permit Required Confined Spaces – Online (20)
- OSHA #3115 Fall Protection (18) or Fall Protection/Competent Person – Online (8)
*You may transfer up to two OSHA numbered courses from another OTI Education Center for this certificate.
Certificates must be completed within five years; courses completed more than five years ago may not be applied towards the certificate.