Master of Science in Biology
The Right Formula
Prepare for your next step with a flexible master’s degree in biology from Eastern Michigan University. Sharpen your skills while designing a program of study to fit your unique career goals and interests. You can earn this graduate degree at EMU's main campus in just 30 credit hours, while benefitting from several new and state-of-the-art facilities including our biology teaching labs, animal museum, herbarium and Parsons Center located in Northern Michigan.
College to Career
With this versatile degree, you can take your career into many different professional fields. Enter the world of scientific research studying medical and life sciences, or choose to gravitate towards the healthcare field with your studies. Another area of interest for some is in environmental conservation. This degree is particularly helpful if you’re interested in teaching, whether it’s at the K-12 or college level.
These are just the four major fields for those with a M.S. in biology. Other career options include biotechnology, forensic science, government, business, economics and communication.
- A selection of undergraduate coursework including:
- 20 credit hours in biology, with a course in genetics
- One year of general chemistry
- One year of organic chemistry or a semester of organic chemistry and a semester of biochemistry
- One semester of physics, including electricity and light
- One semester of calculus or statistics
- Two letters of recommendation and a personal statement
- GRE general test (subject test not required)
- Meet admission requirements for the Graduate School
Request More Information
Protecting your privacy is important to us. We do not sell or exchange names or any other personal information about our site visitors