Defend against cyber attacks and protect data with a cybersecurity degree from Eastern Michigan University. Our nationally ranked STEM-based programs prepare students with the knowledge and skillset to build, maintain and protect networks and computer systems.
Thank you for your interest in our program!
A faculty advisor will contact you to discuss your interest.
Information Assurance Compliance [Minor]
Understand cyber laws and policies while simultaneously learning risk analysis. This minor can be completed within two semesters and complements our cybersecurity and cyber defense programs.
Why Study Cybersecurity at EMU?
- Enhanced job market potential at some of the biggest companies in cybersecurity. With nearly 100% job placement, our graduates have received jobs at Snapchat, Google, Amazon, Department of Homeland Security, and the National Security Agency.
- The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects employment in this field to grow 32 percent through 2028, which is much faster than the average for all occupations.
- Intensive, hands-on curriculum
- Flexible online and on-campus courses to meet the needs of research-oriented students and professionals
- A deeper, better understanding of cyber laws, legislation, and policy work
- Allows students to make informed judgments based on legal and ethical principles
- Focus on IT infrastructure, project management and integration, systems and network administration, security, and IT architecture
- Development and implementation of cryptography