Nursing | BSN
There couldn’t be a better time to pursue a career in nursing. Jobs in nursing are growing exponentially and starting with a bachelor's degree will give you an advantage over the competition. In a recent survey, job pursuers with a bachelor’s in nursing were eligible for 88% of the posted positions. It’s becoming more and more likely that a BSN degree will be required in the future as more hospitals seek "magnet" destination status.
Meet the need. Nurses are...
- In demand: Careers in nursing are expected to grow by 16% in the next seven years, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Top earners: On average, nurses with a BSN make $20,000 more a year than those with a registered nursing certificate only.
- Vital: As baby boomers age and changes occur in healthcare laws, the demand for healthcare professionals is projected to rise.
Expand your abilities. Nurses with a BSN are equipped to:
- Work in versatile environments such as hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, long-term care facilities, community health nursing, military settings and home care.
- Teach, perform case management, work in healthcare research studies and in the insurance industry.
- Continue on to higher degrees to be qualified to be a nurse practitioner, clinical specialist, hospital administration or executive nurse.
Eastern's program will prepare you to enter the workforce with confidence and serve your patients with excellence, in whatever setting you find yourself in. Start the journey to your career today.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
College of Health and Human Services
309 Marshall Building
Ypsilanti, Michigan, USA 48197