Nursing – Completion | BSN
Are you ready to get off the patient care floor and expand your career options? There couldn’t be a better time to upgrade your education. It’s becoming more and more likely that a BSN degree will be required in the future as more hospitals seek "magnet" destination status. And earning your BSN degree will give you an advantage over the competition in the job market.
Meet the need. Nurses with a BSN are...
- In demand: As reported on nursejournal.org, in a recent survey, job pursuers with a bachelor’s in nursing were eligible for 88% of the posted positions while those with an associate's were qualified for just 51%.
- Top earners: On average, nurses with a BSN make $20,000 more a year than those with only a registered nursing certificate.
- Vital: As baby boomers age and changes occur in healthcare laws, the demand for healthcare professionals is projected to rise.
Expand your abilities. Nurses with a BSN are equipped to:
- Work in versatile environments such as hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, long-term care facilities, community health nursing, military settings and home care.
- Teach, perform case management, work in healthcare research studies and in the insurance industry.
- Continue on to higher degrees to be qualified to be a nurse practitioner, clinical specialist, hospital administration or executive nurse.
Earning your BSN at Eastern, you’ll benefit from the knowledge and hands-on practice of highly qualified faculty, while having the opportunity to learn in a variety of settings for clinical experiences. And, if you're interested in continuing your education, we offer several graduate degrees, certificates and two doctoral programs.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!