- Wayne State University post masters
- MS, Eastern Michigan University
- BA, Eastern Michigan University
Interests and Expertise
Clinical practice since 1980; EMU faculty since 1982.
Areas of interest
- Affective disorders
- Human sexuality
- Integrating therapeutic treatments
Pamela Landau is a full-time lecturer with a degree in clinical psychology. She is an AASECT (American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists) certified sexuality educator and teaches one of EMU's most popular courses, PSY 240 The Psychology of Sex. In 2005, she was elected "Best Professor" in the Eastern Echo student poll, and her course, PSY 240 The Psychology of Sex was elected "Best Course." Her candor and expertise in the classroom have earned her numerous nominations and teaching awards from the university, colleagues and students. She often speaks in residence halls around campus as well as in the community and is a faculty member of the University of Michigan's Human Sexuality Certification program.
- Human sexuality
- Communication (gender differences, effectiveness, intrarelational)
- General psychology (intro)
- Psychology of sex
- Abnormal psychology
- PSY 101 General Psychology
- PSY 240 Psychology of Sex
- PSY 360 Abnormal Psychology
Publications and Presentations
- Knapp, J. R., Jackson, D.E. and Landau, P. (2010) Texting while driving: nearly everyone's doing it. A poster presented at the 22nd Annual convention of the Association for Psychological Science. May, Boston.
- Jackson, D. E., Knapp, J. R. and Landau, P. (2009) Your candidates say stupider things than my candidates. A poster presented at the 21sst Annual convention of the Association for Psychological Science. May. San Francisco.
- Jackson, D. E., Knapp, J. R. and Landau, P. (2007) Gender effects in the evaluation of scenarios depicting unethical behavior. A poster presented at the Association for Psychological Science. Washington, D. C