Make a Purchase
The standard, IT approved configured desktop and laptop models are provided within the links below. Computers of any sort are not allowable Pcard purchases and require a Purchase Order.
- Computer Refresh Orders are coordinated through the IT Department
Tablets are considered a non-standard item and are not supported by the IT Department Help Desk. A department campus tech, (official IT position) must agree to support the device or a support package (Apple Care), extended warranty should be purchased for the tablet (iPad, Surface Pro, etc.). Tablets require a purchase requisition and should not be bought via Pcard.
- Tablets with Air card - If a tablet with an air card is purchased, a cellular package is required for functionality. Cellular packages are not covered by the university and are to be paid as an employee personal out of pocket expense.
Software and Maintenance
Please contact the IT Help Desk prior to purchasing any software at 734.487.2120 for assistance. Software purchases should be facilitated via purchase requisition. Visit the IT site for more information for software applications.
- Start here and submit a ticket for Software purchase requests through the IT Service Portal
- Additional Requirements and Approvals for Software Purchases:
The goal is to ensure the review and pre-approval for any software or Cloud services that:
- Is University wide-in scope ( i.e. used by individuals outside of the purchaser’s department)
- Requires University data to be hosted or stored outside the University Data Center
- Requires a connection to, or data from, the Banner ERP system or other EMU software platforms
- Requires IT resources to install, upgrade, support, or maintain the software or cloud service.
If your software purchase meets any of the above criteria, please click here to login to the IT Service Portal to start the approval process. Once you login, Click on Popular Services, View All, All Application Support Items and Software Purchase Pre-Approval.
Printers and Copiers (Multi-Functioning Devices – MFD’s)
- MFD’s – Please contact Kristen Gregoire 7-1204 or email [email protected] for information on Xerox products and services.
- Printers – Printers require a purchase requisition. Please contact Kristen Gregoire 7-1204 or email [email protected] for assistance with printers.
Computer Peripherals and Accessories
Computer accessories (mouse, keyboard, memory cards, etc.) can be purchased via Pcard. Preferred vendors:
Office Depot flyer for tax exempt
Should only be used for business purchases along with University issued credit cards.