Apply for Housing: Roommate Groups
Roommate Groups for 2018-2019 App
Have a group of friends you'd like to live with next year? All Returners, Commuters, Transfers, and Grads are eligible to form groups. Note: New incoming freshmen complete a different application and will not have the ability to be included in Roommate Groups.
Roommate Group size: 2-4 students who want to live together (up to 7 in the Village).
Groups will be assigned one timeslot provided the Group Leader has verified the group! When the timeslot portion of the Selection Process becomes available in February, the Group Leader will assign all the members of the group at once.
How to Form a Group
- One person needs to be designated as the Group Leader.
- The Group Leader completes their housing application and creates a name and password for the Group.
- The Group Leader gives the name and password to their preferred roommates.
- Each of the preferred roommates log into their housing application, enters the name of the Group, and then they add themselves to the group using the Group Password.
- After all group members have added themselves to the group, the Group Leader MUST log back into their application and click “Verify Group.” Failure to do so will not only cause the group to not receive the same timeslot, the Leader also will not be able to place the rest of the group together into the room.
- During the assigned timeslot, the Group Leader is responsible for choosing the room/suite/apartment for the rest of the group.
- Students may remove themselves from the group at any time.
- If the group contains members of both genders, you will need to contact the Housing Office at [email protected] prior to forming the group for further instructions.
- The deadline to form a Group is Friday, February 16, 2018.
The Housing & Residence Life Office reserves the right to change a group name and/or remove students from a roommate group at any time for reasons including, but not limited to, instances where the group name is found to be vulgar and/or inappropriate.
A timeslot is randomly assigned to all students. This timeslot is when you will go back into the application in February to select a space. NOTE: You will NOT receive a timeslot if you choose to renew your current space when you complete your contract during the priority dates instead of waiting for the timeslot portion to select a space.
What this means is if you want to pull in a different roommate from what you currently have, you should NOT choose the option to select the Renew my Room as part of the application. If you do select that option, you will lose the option of being able to assign a preferred roommate.
Groups are assigned one timeslot (provided that the group was verified). The assigned timeslot is the earliest that a student or group can select a room. Rooms can be selected at the time of or any time after the assigned timeslot. Timeslots cannot be changed.
Discussions a Group Should Have Before Selecting a Room
- What type of room do we want to select?
- What type of room can everyone in the group financially afford?
- What hall does the group want to select?
- If our desired location and/or room type is not available during our selection timeslot, what is our backup plan?
- How many people should we have in the group?
- These discussions should be had well before going in to select a room during the assigned timeslot.
- The Group Leader will have 5 minutes to make a selection of a hall and room.
- If the Leader is unable to find a room during those five minutes, they will be able to go back in again and have another 5 minutes to select.
Come to campus prepared! Read the Guide to Campus Living before you arrive.