Winter 2018 Housing Application
REMINDER: The application will close at 5pm on Tuesday, December 19th. If you miss this application deadline, you can apply in-person at the main Housing & Residence Life Office on Tuesday, January 2nd. Please make sure to bring a credit card with you, as the $150 prepayment is required and cannot be charged to the student account or waived. We can also not accept cash, checks, or money orders at our office.
Be prepared BEFORE applying for housing! Read all of the information contained on our website and the corresponding links regarding the Housing Application for the coming Winter 2018 semester. Students who fail to read the information are at risk of not knowing important information that cannot otherwise be communicated.
- Application for all new incoming Freshmen, Transfer, and Graduate students as well as current Commuter students opens October 23rd at 10am. You can access the application portal here.
- The application will close at 5pm on Tuesday, December 19th. If you miss this deadline, the application will reopen on Tuesday, January 2nd. You will need to come into the office as of 1/2 to apply in-person.
- A non-refundable $150 prepayment will need to be made when starting the application. The prepayment cannot be waived nor charged to the student account.
- Review the various residence hall options by clicking on the following link before making application.
- Become familiar with the meal plan offerings by clicking here; please note that the E-Style Flex Meal Plan option is only available to sophomores and above.
- A meal plan is required of all students living in the residence halls.
- Review the room and board rates.
University Apartment Availability
- Limited space for new Graduate students and Family Housing students may be available for the winter semester but is not guaranteed. Email the Housing Office at email@example.com for further information.
- New incoming juniors, and seniors who desire University Apartments need to be aware that few, if any, openings are expected for the winter semester and would only be available in apartments designed for two students where there is a current student already living in the unit. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information before making application.
- Consider this information carefully before applying.
Student E-Bill Accounts
- If you are a current commuter student or a former student, your student account needs to be paid and up to date to be able to access the application system.
- Check your E-Bill before the application system opens to ensure that you do not have a balance or a hold on your student account.
- If you do pay off a balance or have a hold removed, you need to be aware that the application system will not update until the next business day. This means you will not have access to apply until the next business day.
Winter 2018 Housing and Dining Contract
- The Housing & Dining Services contract is for the full winter semester, January 2, 2018 through April 24, 2018.
- Releases from the contract are not granted anytime throughout the semester for an enrolled student once they have moved into their assigned space for the winter semester.
- You need to ensure that you have the funds to cover all of your housing expenses prior to moving in for the winter.
Winter 2018 Move-in
- Move-In for the winter semester for all new and returning students will be on Tuesday, January 2, 2018, starting at 9:00am.
- Please note that the University is closed from December 23 through January 1.
- We will NOT be able to accommodate early move-ins before the scheduled January 2 move in date.
- Students requesting Downing Hall must be an admitted Honors College student.
- Students requesting Best must have a minimum 3.3 entering gpa.
- Students requesting the Village must have a minimum 2.5 entering gpa.
- There is not an option for requesting or searching for a roommate on the application for winter applicants.
- Please note that the placement of two people together is extremely limited as we usually do not have completely open rooms.
- If you wish to live with someone who is currently living in the halls and whose roommate is leaving at the end of the fall semester, please email the Housing Office for more information at email@example.com.
- Requests will only be accepted via email.
- Single Rooms are only offered in Hill, Hoyt, Pittman, and the Village. Single room space is NOT guaranteed for winter semester and will only be honored if there are spaces that come available available.
- For new incoming students who apply for the winter semester, cancellation of the contract can be made in writing to the Housing email account at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 16, 2016.
- The $150 pre-payment is non-refundable.
- Requests for cancellation are not accepted by phone.
- If you are planning to apply for financial aid funding for the Winter 2018 semester, this should be done as soon as possible!
- All students need to have their financial aid accepted and confirmed well BEFORE the winter semester starts.
- Give careful consideration to requesting a single room. Most students do not receive enough in aid to cover the additional cost of a single.
- Winter room assignments are made after the fall semester ends in December when we are able to identify where the open spaces are.
- An email will be sent to your EMU email account on or around December 22, 2017, detailing how to access and review your winter room assignment information.
- If you have additional questions please contact our office via email at email@example.com. Your questions will be answered in a timely manner by an administrative staff member who can respond with the correct information. We strongly advise that you NOT call the Housing Main Office as students answering our general phone lines are not knowledgeable about assignment information.
- Do not rely on information given to you by anyone other than that received from an administrative Housing staff member. This includes friends, RAs, front desk staff, other students, or other offices on campus…the information that you get is often incorrect!
- If you wish, feel free to stop by the Housing Office to speak with one of the assignment staff. We are more than willing to take the time to answer all of your questions.