Housing and Dining Contract Details

The Housing and Dining Services Contract is a legally binding agreement that encompasses the full academic year, September through April. All students were emailed a copy of the contract when they filled out the contract within the housing application and were encouraged to download and save a copy for their records.

We adhere to the concept of university life as a learning experience for our residents. Students have responsibility for having full knowledge of the commitments to which they have obligated themselves to when signing a contract and an appropriate understanding of consequences when they do not fulfill their responsibilities.

We recognize that a student may need to terminate the Housing and Dining Service Contract in certain select instances and releases are granted for the following reasons:

  • Withdrawal from the University
  • Transfer to another school
  • Study abroad (documentation needed)
  • Academically approved internships more than 30 miles one way (documentation needed)
  • Student teaching (documentation needed)
  • Academic dismissal
  • Part-time status – enrollment of 6 credit hours or less for the semester
  • Military duty
  • Graduation

Releases are not given for:

  • Moving home to commute
  • Moving to an off-campus house or apartment
  • Full time enrollment in online classes

Students who meet any of the approved reasons may come into the Housing Office during normal weekday hours and complete a request form with one of our professional staff members. This Contract Release Request is reviewed and may or may not be granted. Students with Contract Releases not granted will continue to be billed for the terms of the contract.

Skip Section Navigation