Housing and Dining Contract Details
The Housing and Dining Services Contract is a legally binding agreement that encompasses the full academic year, September through April. All students were emailed a copy of the contract when they filled out the contract within the housing application and were encouraged to download and save a copy for their records.
We adhere to the concept of university life as a learning experience for our residents. Students have responsibility for having full knowledge of the commitments to which they have obligated themselves to when signing a contract and an appropriate understanding of consequences when they do not fulfill their responsibilities.
We recognize that a student may need to terminate the Housing and Dining Service Contract in certain select instances and releases are granted for the following reasons:
- Withdrawal from the University
- Transfer to another school
- Study abroad (documentation needed)
- Academically approved internships more than 30 miles one way (documentation needed)
- Student teaching (documentation needed)
- Academic dismissal
- Part-time status – enrollment of 6 credit hours or less for the semester
- Military duty
Releases are not given for:
- Moving home to commute
- Moving to an off-campus house or apartment
- Full time enrollment in online classes
- Concerns about COVID-19
- Financial issues
Any requests will be reviewed and may or may not be granted. Students who are not approved for a contract release and still choose to move-out will continue to be billed for the remainder of the contract.
If you are interested in applying for a contract release, please contact us at [email protected].