Graduate Hall Director
Eastern Michigan University graduate hall directors (GHD) are part-time, live-in professionals responsible for assisting the complex director. GHDs are primarily responsible for supervising a staff of five to 10 resident advisors, including training, hiring and developing the paraprofessional staff. GHDs also oversee hall/apartment complex’s program model and have an opportunity to gain exposure by working on departmental committees. A bachelor’s degree is required for this position.
Please review our graduate hall director position description [PDF].
Eastern Michigan University graduate assistants (GA) are part-time live-in professionals responsible for assisting our assistant directors in different specialty roles. Graduate assistant positions include GA for Leadership and Programming, GA for Academic Initiatives and Living-Learning/Theme Communities, GA for Marketing, GA for Compliance and GA’s for Residential Operations. GAs also have an opportunity to gain exposure by working on departmental committees. A bachelor’s degree is required for this position.
Please review our graduate assistant positions:
- Graduate Assistant for Leadership and Programming [PDF]
- Graduate Assistant for Marketing [PDF]
- Graduate Assistant for Academic Initiatives and Living-Learning/Theme Communities [PDF]
- Graduate Assistant for Residential Operations [PDF]
How to apply
EMU will be represented at Oshkosh Placement Exchange and EMU Graduate Assistant Interview Day (GAID)
- About EMU—mission, university profile, EMU facts, etc.
- Higher Education and Student Affairs (HESA) program
- HESA program chair: Dr. Ronald Flowers, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ypsilanti community