Lil' Sibs Weekend
March 23-25, 2018
- Only two siblings per resident are allowed to participate in the weekend.
- Siblings must be between the ages of 5 and 17.
- The “sibling” does not have to be an actual sibling: cousins, friends, neighbors, etc. are allowed.
- All participants must wear their wristband all weekend: this includes the resident and the siblings.
- Any person under the age of 18 without a wristband will not be allowed to stay in the residence halls for the night.
- Check in runs from 4–11 p.m. on Friday, March 23 and from 9–11:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 24. Check-in will only take place during these scheduled times.
- Check-in location is Walton/Putnam Lounge.
- The cost of the weekend is $20 per sibling.
- Acceptable forms of payment credit card on our paypal link and cash at check-in. No personal checks are allowed.
- The resident must be at check-in with their siblings, everyone must check-in together.
- Check-in will be faster for those who pre-register for the weekend.
- Wristbands must be worn to enter any Lil’ Sibs event. This includes Late Night at the Rec.
- Parents and guests without wristbands are allowed to attend the Ice Cream Social on Friday Night, but only people with wristbands will get an ice cream treat. Parents may not attend other Lil' Sibs events.
- EMU students without wristbands will not be allowed into events during the weekend, including Late Night at the Rec.
Lil' Adventurers Weekend Schedule
Friday, March 23
- 4–11 p.m.: Registration/Check-In
- 6–7 p.m.: Nelson's Wildlife Safari Show
- 6–9 p.m.: Ice Cream Social
- 7:15–8:15 p.m.: Nelson's Wildlife Safari Show
Saturday, March 24
- 9–11:30 a.m.: Late Arrival Check-In
- 10 a.m.–Noon: Morning Exploration Program
- Noon–2:30 p.m.: Adventures In Space Program
- 3–5 p.m.: Ferdinand Movie
- 5–7 p.m.: Glow In The Dark Mini Golf Program
- 6–11 p.m.: Late Night at Rec (Pool Open Until 9 p.m.)
Sunday, March 25
- Pick Up Siblings by 3 p.m.
Lil' Adventurers Weekend Guidelines
Stay out of trouble. Remember to follow all policies found in The Guide to Campus Living. If siblings are found to be involved in a policy violation their access to the residence halls could be revoked at any time.
Go to the programs. Attend as many of the Lil’ Sibs programs as you can. The Residence Housing Association, and the Housing and Residence Life Office has worked hard to prepare special programming just for this weekend.
Keep your wristband on. Siblings are expected to keep their green wristbands on while on campus. Any person under the age of 18 will not be allowed to enter any residence hall without a wristband.
Stay together. Visiting siblings should be with their EMU student sibling at all times. Lil’ Sibs are ultimately guests on campus.
Be safe. We want everyone to have a safe weekend. Please don’t do anything that could endanger you or your sibling.
Be respectful of the staff. Staff members have worked hard to provide programming for you this weekend, and they are taking time out of their lives to do so. Remember to be polite and thank them for their time.
Watch your language. Remember that there are children as young as five years old attending Lil’ Sibs Weekend. Make sure you are using appropriate language when around siblings.
Keep an eye on the clock. All of the events this weekend have set start and end times. Please be ready to move on when an event is scheduled to be over, so that staff members can clean up and prepare for the next activities.
Get Some Sleep. Younger siblings need their rest. Make sure you and your siblings are getting the proper amount of sleep.
Remember to eat. Remember you are taking care of your younger siblings this weekend. It is your responsibility to make sure that they are getting the proper nutrition. Light snacks and beverages will be provided during certain activities, but meals are not provided.
Keep your phone on and charged. If you and your sibling become separated for any reason it is important that you have a way to contact one another. Make sure you have a plan in case this happens and that the EMU student’s cell phone is fully charged and available in case an EMU representative calls.
Make arrangements. Make sure your younger sibling is up and out of the residence halls by 3 p.m. on Sunday, March 25.