Need to make an international payment?
Eastern Michigan University has partnered with Flywire (formerly peerTransfer) to offer an innovative and streamlined way to make international tuition payments. Flywire's mission is to save international students and their families’ money that would otherwise be lost on bank fees and unfavorable foreign exchange rates.
Benefits of using Flywire:
- Excellent foreign exchange rates compared to traditional banks
- Payments will be posted much faster than traditional wire payments
- You are able to track your payment from start to finish via a student dashboard
- Email notifications once the payment has been posted to your account
The information below includes a summary and instructions:
Go to: emich.flywire.com to begin the payment process.
- To get started, select the country from which your funds will be coming from and the payment amount (in US dollars) you wish to make to your student bill.
- In most cases, the US dollar amount will be converted into your home currency at preferential exchange rates, which will translate into savings for you.
- After providing some basic information, you will visit your bank (via phone, online or in person) to send funds from your local bank to Flywire.
- Flywire will then convert the funds to U.S. dollars and forward the US dollar amount to Eastern Michigan University where it will be directly credited to your student billing account.
- Through the Flywire student dashboard you will be able to track where your payment is in the transfer process.
- You will receive an email confirmation when your payment is deposited into (Eastern Michigan University's) bank account.
- No matter your time zone, you will have a dedicated multilingual customer support team available to you -reachable 24/7 via live chat, Skype, email and phone to answer any of your questions.