SisterHOOD provides a safe space for WOC to promote the following six building BLOCKS: Beauty, Leadership, Outreach, Creativity, Knowledge and Sisterhood
Through monthly dialogues and programming, we build a community that focuses on developing one's identity as a WOC. celebrating our cultural influences that shape our lives and to share/receive encouragement and positive reinforcement from other students and professionals who look like us.
- Identify and define beauty, both inner and outer, for themselves through the process of self-love and reflection by engaging in discussions around self-identity.
- Create opportunities that will enhance their leadership potential.
- Express the importance of helping their fellow sisters and surrounding communities by embracing intersectionality and celebrating diversity.
- Demonstrate scholarship by partake in academic, personal and professional development opportunities both inside and outside the classroom.
- Share, connect and grow in solidarity through celebration, affirmation and conversation.