Mission, Vision and Values
The University’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values were approved by the Board of Regents in June 2013 after obtaining extensive input from the campus community.
EMU enriches lives in a supportive, intellectually dynamic and diverse community. Our dedicated faculty balance teaching and research to prepare students with relevant skills and real world awareness. We are an institution of opportunity where students learn in and beyond the classroom to benefit the local and global communities.
Eastern Michigan University will be a premier public university recognized for student-centered learning, high quality academic programs and community impact.
- Excellence – We provide an exceptional environment to our faculty, staff and students. We improve our performance continuously and strive to be the best in everything we do.
- Respect – We care for our people, communities and the environment and show respect for the dignity of the individual.
- Inclusiveness – We create an environment that supports, represents, embraces and engages members of diverse groups and identities.
- Responsibility – We are accountable – individually and in teams – for our behaviors, actions and results. We keep commitments.
- Integrity – Integrity and transparency are critical to our institutional effectiveness. We pursue the highest level of personal, intellectual, academic, financial and operational integrity within the University community.