Join Student Government!
Thank you for your interest in joining Student Government and becoming a Student Senator. Working with the campus community and improving your university can be a very rewarding experience. Part of being a Student Senator involves being a constant representative of Student Government.
Your actions on campus, as well as online, reflect back on you as a Senator and in turn, on Student Government itself. In order to make sure you are fulfilling your role as a Student Government Senator, there are a few things that are required of you.
There are many ways of getting involved with Student Government. You can join a committee or become a Student Body Senator and join our Senate. You can also join us at any of our events; follow our social media accounts for more details.
- Attend Regular Senate Meetings:
- Senate Meetings
- Have NO more than 2 cumulative absences (Absences include no shows, tardiness, leaving early, and not wearing proper attire)
- Sit On One Committee:
- Student Services
- Business and Finance
- Internal Affairs
- Be Active And Engaged On Campus:
- Attend at least one Board of Regents meeting per semester
- Meet with other student organizations
- Listen to student and peer concerns