Student and Exchange Visitor Statement (SEVIS)
The Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) requires F and J students to report the following to the Office of International Students & Scholars (OISS) 244 EMU Student Center within ten (10) days of the event of changes in:
- Name or residential address
- Academic status
- Academic major or program of study
- Source of funding (including employment or graduate assistant position)
- Degree completion date
- Degree level (ex: Bachelors to Masters)
SEVIS further requires F and J students to report the following to the Office of International Students & Scholars (OISS) 244 EMU Student Center within ten (10) days:
- Intent to transfer to another school
- Probation or disciplinary action due to a criminal conviction
Prior permission from OISS is required for:
- Carrying or dropping below minimum credit hours or dropping all courses;
- Employment on or off-campus; including volunteer and observation positions.
- Registering for more than one online course per term (F and J visa)
- Endorsing I-20 or DS-2019 for re-entry into the USA.
Failure to report may result in the termination of your SEVIS record and even loss of status. If you have questions or concerns, contact the Office of International Students & Scholars at 734.487.3116.