Student Insurance Quick Facts
- The policy covers Sickness and Injury as well as preventive services, including an annual preventative visit and immunizations.
- The policy provides coverage for birth control.
- Students pay a $10 co-pay per visit for covered services at Snow Health Center, including office visits and lab tests.
- The UHS is the primary care provider and primary pharmacy. To access specialty care outside of UHS, the student will first need to make an appointment to obtain a referral from UHS.
- The student will incur a $100 deductible for each injury or sickness when services are obtained outside of Snow Health Center. There is an out-of-pocket maximum of $1,250 per policy year (for in-network providers).
- Prescriptions filled at Snow Health Center will have a $10 co-pay for generic drugs and a $20 co-pay for name brand drugs prescribed by a Snow Health Center Physician or by an outside physician when the student has a referral.
- The policy provides coverage worldwide.
- Medical evacuation and repatriation provided by Scholastic Emergency Services, INC. Global Emergency Medical Assistance.
If you have questions about Student Health Insurance, please visit the UnitedHealthcare Student Resources website, or call our office at 734.487.3048 or email us at email@example.com.