Student Insurance Quick Facts
- The policy covers Sickness and Injury.
- The policy covers one of a variety of preventive services, including an annual preventative visit and immunizations.
- The policy now provides coverage for birth control, some generics are provided at NO COST to the insured.
- Unlimited Health benefits coverage for essential health benefits.
- Patients pay a $10 co-pay per visit for covered services at Snow Health Center, including office visits and lab tests.
- The UHS is the primary care provider and primary pharmacy. Preferred Physician, Hospitals and other health care providers may participate. To access specialty care outside of UHS, the student will need a referral from UHS.
- Provides coverage worldwide.
- Medical evacuation and repatriation provided by Scholastic Emergency Services, INC. Global Emergency Medical Assistance.
- The patient will incur a $100 deductible for each injury or sickness when services are obtained outside of Snow Health Center. There is an out-of-pocket maximum of $1,250 per policy year (for in-network providers).
- Prescriptions filled at Snow Health Center will have a $10 co-pay for generic drugs and a $20 co-pay for name brand drugs prescribed by a Snow Health Center Physician.
If you have questions about Student Health Insurance, please visit the UnitedHealthcare Student Resources website, or call our office at 734.487.3048.