We strongly encourage students to be covered by a health care plan. If you are looking for affordable coverage, UHS offers a comprehensive student insurance policy through United HealthCare Student Resources.
|Coverage Period||Coverage Dates||Cost|
|2019-2020||September 1, 2019 - August 31, 2020||$1,779.00|
|Fall, 2019||September 1, 2019 - December 31, 2019||$593.00|
|Winter, 2020||January 1, 2020- April 30, 2020||$593.00|
|Summer, 2020||May 01, 2020 - August 31, 2020||$593.00|
|*Winter / Summer, 2020||January 1, 2020-August 31, 2020||$1,186.00|
* If you are not taking classes during the Summer semester but want to maintain coverage, you must purchase the Winter and Summer semester together for a cost of $1,186.00. This is listed on the enrollment form as Winter/Summer.
You can purchase the policy in the following ways:
- For Domestic Students you may purchase insurance directly from the UnitedHealthcare Student Resources website using a credit card, or
- For other methods of payment including check or student e-bill; please bring a completed application to 204 Snow Health Center.
- For international students on OPT, visiting scholars and dependents of international students please visit our office in 204 Snow Health to enroll in the insurance plan.
- If you have questions please call our office at 734.487.3048 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student Insurance Office Summer Hours: 10am-12pm and 1pm-3pm Monday thru Thursday in 204 Snow Health Center.
- Student Insurance Office Fall Hours: Monday 10am-12pm and 1pm-3pm, Tuesday 10am-12pm, Wednesday 10am-12pm, Thursday 10am-12pm and 1pm-3pm, and Friday 10am-12pm.
Last Date to Purchase
Online: Sept. 30, 2019
|Fall, 2019||Online: Sept. 30, 2019
In Person: Sept. 28, 2019
January 30, 2020
|Summer, 2020||May 30, 2020|
|Winter / Summer, 2020||January 30, 2020|
NOTE: You must meet the eligibility requirements as listed on in the policy brochure in order to purchase the policy and maintain coverage. Undergraduate students must be registered for 12 credit hours. Graduate students must be registered for six credit hours.
Please refer to the Insurance policy and read the Insurance Quick Facts. If you still have questions about Student Health Insurance, please visit the UnitedHealthcare Student Resources website, or call our office at 734.487.3048
Hours, Location and Contact
2019 - 2020 Insurance Waiver Deadlines
Fall 2019: Sept. 16, 2019
Winter 2020: Jan. 16, 2020
Summer 2020: May 14, 2020
2019 - 2020 Early Arrival Fee Waiver Deadlines
Important deadlines are approaching to have EMU Student Insurance Fees removed from your student account.
Fall 2019: Dec. 13, 2019
Present flight ticket showing 9-1- 2019 or after
Winter 2020: Mar. 2, 2020
Present flight ticket showing 1-1- 2020 or after
- Fall 2019: Dec. 13, 2019
Summer 2020: April 8, 2020
Winter 2020 Graduation: Present I-20 that you are graduating by
April 30, 2020
- Winter 2020 Graduation: Present I-20 that you are graduating by April 30, 2020
Present documents at the Insurance Office in the 204 Snow Health Center, by posted deadlines.