We strongly encourage students to be covered by a health care plan. If you are looking for affordable coverage, UHS offers a comprehensive student insurance policy through United HealthCare Student Resources.
|Coverage Period||Coverage Dates||Cost|
|2018-2019||September 1, 2018 - August 31, 2019||$1,779.00|
|Fall, 2018||September 1, 2018 - December 31, 2018||$593.00|
|Winter, 2019||January 1, 2019 - April 30, 2019||$593.00|
|Summer, 2019||May 01, 2019 - August 31, 2019||$593.00|
|*Winter / Summer, 2019||January 1, 2019-August 31, 2019||$1,186.00|
* If you are not taking classes during the Summer semester but want to maintain coverage, you will need to purchase the Winter and Summer semester together for a cost of $1,186.00. This is listed on the enrollment form as Winter/Summer.
You can purchase the policy in the following ways:
- Directly from the UnitedHealthcare Student Resources website, or
- For other methods of payment including check or student e-bill; please bring a completed application to Snow Health Center.
- Please call our office at 734.487.3048 or email us at email@example.com.
- We also offer walk-in hours, 10am-12pm and 1pm-3pm Monday thru Thursday in 204 Snow Health Center.
Last Date to Purchase
Online: Sept. 30, 2018
|Fall, 2018||Online: Sept. 30, 2018
In Person: Sept. 28, 2018
January 30, 2019
|Summer, 2019||May 30, 2019|
|Winter / Summer, 2019||January 30, 2019|
NOTE: You must meet the eligibility requirements as listed on in the policy brochure in order to purchase the policy and maintain coverage.
If you have questions about Student Health Insurance, please visit the UnitedHealthcare Student Resources website, or call our office at 734.487.1122.
Hours, Location and Contact
Call 734.487.1122 to schedule an appointment.
2018 - 2019 Insurance Waiver Deadlines
Fall 2018: Sept. 14, 2018
Winter 2019: Jan. 16, 2019
Summer 2019: May 15, 2019
2018 - 2019 Early Arrival Fee Waiver Deadlines
Important deadlines are approaching to have EMU Student Insurance Fees removed from your student account.
Fall 2018: Dec. 15, 2018
Present flight ticket showing 9-1- 2018 or after
Winter 2019: Mar. 1, 2019
Present flight ticket showing 1-1- 2019 or after
- Fall 2018: Dec. 15, 2018
Summer 2019: April 8, 2019
Winter 2019 Graduation: Present I-20 that you are graduating by
April 30, 2019
- Winter 2019 Graduation: Present I-20 that you are graduating by April 30, 2019
Present documents at the Insurance Office in the Snow Health Center, Suite 204, by posted deadlines.