We strongly encourage students to be covered by a health care plan. If you are looking for affordable coverage, UHS offers a comprehensive student insurance policy through United HealthCare Student Resources.
|Coverage Period||Coverage Dates||Cost|
|2017-2018||September 1, 2017 - August 31, 2018||$1,779.00|
|Fall, 2017||September 1, 2017 - December 31, 2017||$593.00|
|Winter, 2018||January 1, 2018 - April 30, 2018||$593.00|
|Summer, 2018||May 01, 2017 - August 31, 2017||$593.00|
|*Winter / Summer, 2018||January 1, 2018-August 31, 2018||$1,186.00|
* If you are not taking classes during the Summer semester but want to maintain coverage, you will need to purchase the Winter and Summer semester together for a cost of $1,186.00. This is listed on the enrollment form as Winter/Summer.
You can purchase the policy in the following ways:
- Directly from the UnitedHealthcare Student Resources website, or
- To have the policy charged to your student account, come to the Student Insurance Office located in Snow Health Center during the hours of 10:00 am -12:00 pm or 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm. Payment can also be made by check or money order. Cash will not be accepted.
Last Date to Purchase
Online: Sept. 30, 2017
|Fall, 2017||Online: Sept. 30, 2017
In Person: Sept. 29, 2017
|Winter, 2018||January 30, 2018|
|Summer, 2018||May 30, 2018|
|Winter / Summer, 2018||January 30, 2018|
NOTE: You must meet the eligibility requirements as listed on in the policy brochure in order to purchase the policy and maintain coverage.
If you have questions about Student Health Insurance, please visit the UnitedHealthcare Student Resources website, or call our office at 734.487.3048.
Hours, Location and Contact
Call 734.487.1122 to schedule an appointment.
2017 - 2018 Insurance Waiver Deadlines
- Summer: Friday, May 11, 2018
2017 - 2018 Early Arrival Fee Waiver Deadlines
Important deadlines are approaching to have EMU Student Insurance Fees removed from your student account.
Fall 2017: Dec. 15, 2017
Present flight ticket showing 9-1- 2017 or after
Winter 2018: Mar. 1, 2018
Present flight ticket showing 1-1- 2018 or after
- Fall 2017: Dec. 15, 2017
Winter 2018 Graduation: Present I-20 that you are graduating by
April 6, 2018
- Winter 2018 Graduation: Present I-20 that you are graduating by April 6, 2018
Present documents at the Insurance Office in the Snow Health Center, Suite 204, by posted deadlines.