Flu Vaccine Clinics
By appointment only at this time. We accept EMU student insurance and EMU BCBS PPO (we regret that we are unable to bill Blue Care Network at this time). Please call 734-487-1122 for an appointment. Watch for announcements of Flu Vaccine clinics later in the season.
We are able to provide immediate proof of vaccination for health careers students.
Students on the EMU student health insurance plan can get the vaccine for FREE.
The cost is $37.00 for those not covered by the plans above. For information or questions call University Health Services at 734.487.1122.
It takes about two weeks after vaccination for antibodies to develop in the body and provide protection against influenza virus infection. It's better to get vaccinated early in the fall, before the flu season really gets under way.
Flu Vaccine Facts
- The worst side effect you are likely to get from the flu shot is a sore arm.
- The risk of severe allergic reaction (which we screen for) is one in 4 million people.
- The risk of getting the flu is one in five people.
The flu vaccine is $37, and payment is expected at time of service. Payment options include:
- Billing Student Insurance and many State of Michigan Blue Cross Blue Shield plans.
- Cash, check, or credit card
- Billing your student account.
**We regret that we are unable to bill Blue Care Network.
Acceptable Forms of Payment
- Cash, or credit (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover Card)
- Enrolled students can have the charge placed on their e-bill
- EMU employees with Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO of Michigan will receive the vaccine at no charge as long as you bring your insurance card