UWCO - Using the Service
The University Writing Center is now offering online consultations through
All eligible students, will have a University Writing Center Online course shell loaded into their Canvas portals.
Submitting writing for an online consultation is easy!
- Provide Information
- Complete a
to provide information about you and your assigment. This step is a prerequisite for submitting writing.
- Submit Your Writing (up to 5 pages--once per week, per student)
- Upload the file with your writing, as well as any other relevant files (e.g., assignment instructions, assessment rubric, etc.) that may be helpful for your writing consultation.
- A notification will appear in Canvas shortly after you have successfully submitted your writing.
- A notification will then appear in Canvas under "Recent Feedback" indicating that the writing consultant has completed the review of your writing.
- Take the UWCO Survey: After you have reviewed the feedback from your writing consultant, please complete our brief SurveyMonkey survey to let us know about your consultation.
A writing consultant will respond with comments according to the following time frames:
Within 48 hours for requests submitted Mon.-Thur.
Within 72 hours for requests submitted Fri.-Sun.