From Military & Veteran Services
A few notes and reminders as we head into the Winter break.
VA Educational benefits:
1) Post-9/11 GI Bill or Gunnery SGT Frye veterans and beneficiaries: if you've hit the big green button, your initial credit hours have been reported to VA setting you up for your book stipend. As with our Fall 2018 semester, we expect there may be some delays with VA book stipend and monthly housing allowance payments in the first month of the Winter semester. If you are concerned about a delay in any of your payments you'll need to contact the VA Educational Benefit Center at 888-GI Bill-1 (442.4551) or online at gibill.custhelp.com.
Important: If you've made any changes to your Winter 2019 schedule, be sure to report those changes to [email protected].
2) Military students (Ch 1606) and Dependents Educational Assistance (Ch 35): if you've hit the big green button prior to 12/20/2018 your initially reported credit hours have been certified. If you've made changes; please e-mail us with the change at [email protected].
- EMU specialist for National Guard Grant and MINGSTAP accounts is [email protected]
- EMU specialist for Federal Tuition Assistance is [email protected]
3) Voc Rehab (Ch 31) veterans: if you've hit the big green button your initial credit hours have been reported to your voc rehab counselor. Those Ch 31 veterans who are approved are also on the ParkEMU list and the EMU bookstore list. If you've made changes; please e-mail us with the change at [email protected]
4) Winter 2019 In-brief for military, veterans, and beneficiaries: Thursday, January 10th, 2019, from 1000-1200 in 202 Pierce Hall. Meet other student veterans and military students and our staff. Learn about how to maximize your VA benefits, sign up for resume writing appointments and much more. Refreshments will be served!
5) Join Student Veteran of America and like us on Facebook to stay up to date information that pertain to EMU veterans.
Have a great Winter break and holiday season!
Your comrades and colleagues at the:
Lieutenant Colonel C. S. Kettles
Military and Veteran Services Resource Center
202 Pierce Hall
Ypsilanti, Michigan 48197