Voice study at EMU
At EMU, we understand how music has shaped your life. We are committed to helping you realize your potential to become the whole musician you've dreamed of becoming. Developing personal artistry is an essential element to your voice study at EMU. All voice majors receive a one-hour weekly private lesson from a faculty member, as well as participate in a one-hour weekly studio class.
EMU Music offers:
- World-class professors dedicated to you and your goals
- Individualized attention at weekly lessons and studio classes
- Significant performance experiences in student, studio, and voice area recitals
- Ensemble singing in both our large and small ensembles, chamber music groups, and opera workshop
- Outreach performances at various community venues
- Coaching from guest artists in master classes and joint studio classes
- First-rate guest artist performances
- Incredibly diverse student population in an artistically exciting area
- Musician friends who will support you and share in exploring new musical ideas
Vocal Music Ensembles
Participation in a performance ensemble at EMU is required in every degree program. If you have any questions, please contact the Director of Choral Activities, Brandon Johnson.
News and Announcements
- Dr. MeeAe Nam presented a lecture recital on the songs of Theodore Gouvy at Hope College on Sept. 23, 2019
- Professor Carol Perry is the lead author of “A High Tide Raises All Boats: Creating Collaborative Opportunities Between Independent Studios in Your Neighborhood” in the National Association of Teachers of Singing Fall 2019 INTERNOS.