We offer standards-based, proficiency-oriented Japanese language courses with clear proficiency goals for each level. We cultivate great working relationships with local educational, government and business establishments. Some of the unique features of the Japanese major programs include:
- Internship opportunities at Japanese-American corporations and the consulate offices in the greater Detroit area.
- Teaching experiences at the Japanese School of Detroit and Hinoki international school.
- Exclusive meetings with local recruiters to learn about employment trends in the area.
- A Japanese major is required to study abroad at least for one academic semester at one of our affiliate accredited educational institutions in Japan.
Japanese majors are required to study abroad at least for one academic semester at one of our affiliate accredited educational institutions in Japan.
- Japanese Language and Culture
- K-12 Japanese Language and Culture Teaching
- Language and International Trade - Japanese
The Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program is one of the largest exchange programs in the world. JET aims to promote grass roots internationalization at the local level by inviting young overseas graduates to assist in international exchange and foreign language education in local governments, boards of education, and elementary, junior and senior high schools throughout Japan. It seeks to foster ties between Japanese citizens (mainly youth) and JET participants at the person-to-person level. See a list of past participants.