Japanese Program Information
We offer standards-based, proficiency-oriented Japanese language courses with clear proficiency goals for each level. We cultivate great working relationships with local educational, government and business establishments. Some of the unique features of the Japanese major programs include:
- Internship opportunities at Japanese-American corporations and the consulate offices in the greater Detroit area.
- Teaching experiences at the Japanese School of Detroit.
- Exclusive meetings with local recruiters to learn about employment trends in the area.
- A Japanese major is required to study abroad at least for one academic semester at one of our affiliate accredited educational institutions in Japan.
- Japanese Language and Culture
- K–12 Japanese Language and Culture Teaching
- Language and International Trade - Japanese