EMU ONLINE DEPARTMENT DIRECTORY CORRECTIONS: Please take the time to check your department directory listing at http://www.emich.edu/telephones/ for accuracy. If the information needs to be updated, please send the information to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, contact Debra Burke at 487-6895 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
PERSONAL DIRECTORY CORRECTIONS/UPDATES: Personal Directory Listings are populated through the Banner system. To check your personal listing for accuracy, please visit http://it.emich.edu/service/online/directory/index.cfm?fuseaction=main.
If a listing needs to be updated, an employee’s supervisor should update the information through a link located on the supervisor’s My.Emich Employee tab. Instructions are as follows:
- Visit My.emich.edu
- Click on the Employee tab
- Click on the Employee link below the row of tabs
- Click on the Update Employee Campus Address link. You will then see a table of your direct reports. To edit, click on the EID or Phone links to edit. Once you have completed your edits, click the Submit button. NOTE: it may take up to 24 hours for your change to take effect.
For non-supervisory staff, alternate update methods are explained on the Directory Information Updates page at https://www.emich.edu/it/services/directoryupdates.php.
POST AN EVENT TO THE EVENTS CALENDAR: To submit a new event, click on Submit an Event, or go to the EMU homepage, then click on "calendars," then click the green button labeled "Submit an Event" (located on the bottom left) and enter your event information. If you need help or have questions, please contact Debra Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 487-2484. All events are subject to approval.
EMU PUBLIC SAFETY TIPS AND REMINDERS: The EMU Police Department provides a variety of community service programs focused on safety awareness for our residential halls, classrooms and campus. These include crime prevention seminars, and training sessions and programs on sexual assault and alcohol awareness for faculty, staff and students.
The EMU Police Department use high visibility foot patrols, mobile patrols, bicycle patrols and an extensive video monitoring system to help deter crime. It is important to report crimes or suspicious activities immediately -- police have a better opportunity to apprehend suspects and solve crimes. Please review the information below and report any crimes or any suspicious activities. Reporting a crime or suspicious activity can be done anonymously.
- To report an incident, or information anonymously, please call 487-4847 or send an email to email@example.com.
- Call Crime Stoppers at (800) SPEAKUP (800) 773-2587 or email at www.1800speakup.org or visit the Crime Stoppers homepage.
- For more information on public safety, please visit the EMU Public Safety Tips homepage.
- EMU publishes a Daily Crime Log of all crimes reported to the EMU Department of Public Safety. This information can be viewed at EMU Daily Crime Log homepage. EMU also publishes the Daily Crime Log for the City of Ypsilanti.
- Online, real-time crime mapping covering EMU and the City of Ypsilanti is available at: http://geodata.acad.emich.edu/Crime/Main.htm.
Telephone numbers and email accounts listed above are set-up specifically for those who wish to report a crime or information related to a crime. Your identity will remain anonymous.
For questions pertaining to EMU Safety Tips or crime prevention, please contact Police Officer Candace Dorsey, Crime Prevention Coordinator at 487-0987 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Crime Prevention office is located within the EMU Police Department at 1200 Oakwood Street. Police Dispatch at 487-1222. For emergencies, call 911.