Hiring Graduate Students
Graduate or Teaching Assistants or Doctoral Fellows
If you need to hire a graduate student, here are some steps you should follow and information on the procedure.
- Check the academic eligibility requirements.
- Make sure you know the process [PDF].
- Post the position on www.emich.edu/jobs. Appointments are aligned with academic semesters.
- Read the graduate assistantship benefits and policies.
- When you have hired your students, have them review and complete the forms below.
Graduate Student Employment Forms
- Form I-9 Acceptable Identification Documentation List [PDF]
- Log into my.emich.edu to complete your federal tax form and consent to a background investigation. International students must make an appointment with the payroll staff at 734.487.2393.
- Obtain your Eagle OneCard.
- Contact the Diversity & Affirmative Action Office (734.487.1166) to attend a Preventing Sexual Harassment training session.
- Get a parking tag and campus parking info.
- Read the health insurance marketplace notice [PDF].