Eastern Michigan University
General EducationAny Student or Advisor seeking information about General Education should refer to the catalog
The General Education Program at Eastern Michigan University is the core of an undergraduate education. It is general in that it provides students with a comprehensive educational experience and prepares them for study within their major. General Education teaches students to think critically and communicate effectively; it provides an introduction to the methodologies and practices of the academic disciplines; and it promotes intellectual curiosity and a love of learning.
- General Education Requirements and Approved Course Lists
- Writing Intensive Courses by Major: Visit the Catalog and choose the "Majors / Minors" link. Select your major. Writing Intensive courses will be designated by a W, e.g. ENGL 328W. Each major will require at least one Writing Intensive course, and you must have this course to graduate from EMU.
- Learning Beyond the Classroom
- How to find an advisor
- Confused? Contact the General Education department.
- General Education Advising Guidelines
- Pre-Fall 2007 General Education Requirements: NOTE Students following these General Education Requirements must graduate by Summer 2014, or switch to the new General Education Requirements effective Fall 2007. For more information, contact the General Education department.
- Current General Education Requirements
- Request inclusion of a course in the General Education program.