Eastern Michigan University
General Education ProgramEducation for participation in the global community.
The General Education Program at Eastern Michigan University is the core of an undergraduate education. It is general in that it provides students with a comprehensive educational experience and prepares them for study within their major. General Education teaches students to think critically and communicate effectively; it provides an introduction to the methodologies and practices of the academic disciplines; and it promotes intellectual curiosity and a love of learning.
- General Education Requirements
- Approved Gen Ed Course Lists
- Writing Intensive Courses by Major: Each major will require at least one Writing Intensive course, and you must have this course to graduate from EMU.
- Learning Beyond the Classroom
- How to find an advisor
- Confused? Contact the General Education department.
- General Education Advising Guidelines
- Pre-Fall 2007 General Education Requirements: NOTE This program expires August 2014. Students following these General Education Requirements must graduate by Summer 2014, or switch to the new General Education Requirements effective Fall 2007. For more information, contact the General Education department.
- Current General Education Requirements
- Request inclusion of a course in the General Education program.