Eastern Michigan University
Classroom Technology Upgrades
An ongoing replacement plan will standardize classroom technology thanks to efforts by the Provost's Office and recommendations from the Education Environment and Facilities Committee and the Academic I.T. Advisory Committee.
This summer, new technology was installed in classrooms in Marshall and Owen. Additional buildings will be upgraded each summer.
Technology improvements include:
- Large screen video displays and projectors
- BluRay/DVD players
- Document cameras capable of displaying BW and color documents, transparencies, and 3D objects
- Connections for laptop computers and other portable devices
- In ceiling speakers
- Windows-based thin client computers
- touch screen selection panels
Classroom Technology Orientation Sessions
The Faculty Development Center and the Division of Information Technology have developed orientation sessions to help faculty become familiar with the new classroom technology. An orientation video is available here.
Orientation sessions will also be held in Marshall and Owen upon request.
For requests and any questions, please contact Peggy Liggit (email@example.com), Diane Lawrence (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Bill Shell (email@example.com).
Division of Information Technology
118 Pray Harrold
Ypsilanti, MI 48197