EMU AND COMMUNITY PARTNERS WATER DRIVE TO HELP FLINT RESIDENTS: A Flint Water Drive is under way on EMU's campus and at several community partner sites until Friday, Feb. 12. The goal is to receive more than 500 cases of bottled water, along with gallon and five-gallon containers of water to help Flint residents with the water crisis. The water delivery will occur on Friday, Feb. 12. The donation sites and their associated drop off hours are:
- The EMU Convocation Center (Loading Dock), located at 799 N. Hewitt Rd., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- The EMU Student Center (west entrance circle drive, drop off at information desk inside), located at 900 Oakwood St., 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday-Friday
- The Ypsilanti Community Schools Administration Building, located at 1885 Packard Rd., 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Ypsilanti Community High School, 2095 Packard Rd., 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Gene Butman Ford, 2105 Washtenaw Ave., 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays.
- Ypsilanti City Fire Department, 525 W. Michigan Ave., 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.
The EMU departments involved include the Athletics Department, Student Government, various student organizations, The Honors College, Bright Futures, VISION Office, EMU Housing and Residence Life and EMU Campus Life. For more information or to volunteer to help during the Flint Water Drive, contact Evan Sweet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBMIT AN EVENT TO THE EMU EVENT CALENDAR: To submit an event to the EMU event calendar, click on Submit an Event, or go to the EMU homepage, click on "calendars," then click the green button labeled "Submit an Event" (located on the bottom left) and enter your event information. All events are subject to approval.
SUBMISSIONS FOR POSTING IN EMU TODAY: EMU Today is an internal daily e-blast sent to the faculty and staff. To submit an announcement or post an event, please forward your entry electronically to email@example.com. Please be sure to format your entry with a title and include a description of the event, where the event will be held (room and building), the date and time, and a contact name, phone number and/or e-mail address. For questions, contact Debra Johnson at 487-2484 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: An asterisk denotes a new item.