BOARD OF REGENTS MEETING: The EMU Board of Regents will hold its October 2015 Board Meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 13, at 1:30 p.m. in room 201, Welch Hall. Below is the schedule for the committee meetings. All meetings will be held in Welch Hall.
- Faculty Affairs Committee: 8:45 – 9:30 a.m., Room 205
- Athletic Affairs Committee: 9:45 - 10:30 a.m., Room 201
- Educational Policies Committee: 9:45 - 10:30 a.m., Room 205
- Student Affairs Committee: 10:45 – 11 :30 a.m., Room 205
- Finance and Investment Committee: 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Room 201
EMU FOUNDATION BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING: The EMU Foundation Board of Trustees will meet Friday, Oct. 9 at 1 p.m., in room 348 in McKenny Hall. The public is welcome to attend. For further information, contact Maria Cyars at 487-0078.
EMU HOMECOMING WEEK OF EVENTS: EMU celebrates its 95th Homecoming with events going on now through Saturday, Oct. 10. Check out the full schedule of events planned for the Homecoming celebration by visiting the EMU Homecoming homepage.
PURCHASE CUSTOM ADIDAS “BLOCK E” SHOES AND SUPPORT THE MEN'S & WOMEN'S TRACK & FIELD/CROSS-COUNTRY PROGRAMS: On Sept. 5, EMU welcomed over 400 EMU Track & Field/Cross Country alumni, friends and supporters to campus to honor legendary Coach Bob Parks at “A Tribute to a Legacy” event. As part of their participation, they proudly wore custom designed Adidas shoes.
Due to the overwhelming demand, EMU is now proud to offer the custom “Block E” Adidas shoes to the EMU campus community. The specialty Adidas shoes can be ordered for $100, with $37 from each shoe sale going to support the Men's and Women's Track & Field/Cross-Country programs at EMU. This fund will go towards helping purchase of an Alter-G treadmill to help with training for our Men's and Women's Track & Field/Cross-Country student-athletes. This is a limited time offer and the deadline to purchase the shoes is Sunday, Oct. 25. Production and shipping may take up to 45 days to arrive. Shoes can be picked up at the EMU Convocation Center or you can select to ship your shoes directly to you for an additional $20. To purchase now, visit Purchase Custom “Block E” Shoes. For questions, please contact Becky Heckart at 487-8684 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
GALA FUNDRAISER TO BENEFIT STUDENTS IN THE COMMUNICATION, MEDIA & THEATRE ARTS DEPARTMENT - DEADLINE EXTENDED THROUGH OCT. 5: Its not too late to join the Communication, Media & Theatre Arts Department for their gala "Suspense and Spirits" fundraising event and strolling dinner (cocktail attire/semi-formal) on Saturday, Oct. 10, in the Student Center Ballroom beginning at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $100 with proceeds going to purchase much needed equipment and technology to better prepare electronic media and entertainment design & technology students for their professional careers. There will also be a silent auction and dance to "Accidentally Hip," a big band led by our own R. MacKenzie Lewis. Visit the Online Registration or contact Wendy Kivi at email@example.com or by phone at 487-3198.
* DONATE YOUR GENTLY USED SHOES AND HELP SAVE A KITTEN: The Children’s Institute has teamed up with the Michigan Orphan Kitten Rescue (MOKR) and Shoe Box Recycling and need your gently used shoes. As you begin preparing for the upcoming change in weather, help the Children’s Institute help local kittens by dropping off all paired men’s, women’s and kids shoes that are still usable to the Children’s Institute at Fletcher School on Cornell. The kitten rescue gets money for the shoes to help orphan kittens. To date, the Children's Institute has help MOKR raise over $1,000 for the orphaned kittens care and preparation for adoption into their forever homes. For questions or additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their Facebook Page at Michigan Orphan Kitten Rescue Facebook homepage. If you have any questions, please call Tracey Buhinicek at the Children's Institute at 487-2348.
CPR & AED TRAINING FOR FACULTY AND STAFF: Environmental Health and Safety will hold the following CPR & AED training for faculty and staff as follows:
- Wednesday, Oct. 21, 1:30 - 4 p.m. in room 300 in Halle Library
- Thursday, Nov. 19, 9 - 11:30 a.m. in room 300 in Halle Library
To register, please send an email to Kathryn Wilhoff at email@example.com or call 487-0794.
CEREAL DAY AT EASTERN EATERIES: Its the annual cereal day at the Eastern Eateries today, Oct. 6 from 12 - 3 p.m. The event is sponsored by General Mills so expect to see some familiar characters walking around. They have also provided a mixing station of all your favorite General Mills Cereals along with some new ones! Before you leave, participate in our Ticket Run and Raffle. Prizes include bookstore gift cards, a GO Pro Digital Camera and an iPad Air! For questions, please contact Derek at firstname.lastname@example.org or 487-0444.
ADD AN EVENT TO THE EMU EVENT CALENDAR: To submit an event to the EMU event calendar, click on Submit an Event, or go to the EMU homepage, click on "calendars," then click the green button labeled "Submit an Event" (located on the bottom left) and enter your event information. All events are subject to approval.
SUBMISSIONS FOR POSTING IN EMU TODAY: EMU Today is an internal daily e-blast sent to the faculty and staff. To submit an announcement or post an event, please forward your entry electronically to email@example.com. Please be sure to format your entry with a title and include a description of the event, where the event will be held (room and building), the date and time, and a contact name, phone number and/or e-mail address. For questions, contact Debra Johnson at 487-2484 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: An asterisk denotes a new item.