BOARD OF REGENTS MEETING: The EMU Board of Regents will hold its March 2015 Board Meeting on Tuesday, Mar. 17 at 1:30 p.m. in room 201, Welch Hall. Below is the schedule for the committee meetings. All meetings will be held in Welch Hall.
- Educational Policies Committee: 8:45 - 9:30 a.m., Room 205
- Faculty Affairs Committee: 9:45 – 10:30 a.m., Room 205
- Student Affairs Committee: 10:45 – 11:30 a.m., Room 201
- Finance and Investment Committee: 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Room 201
* SUPPLEMENTAL INSTRUCTION RECRUITMENT: The Holman Success Center is currently looking for qualified students to serve as Supplemental Instruction Leaders (SIL) for traditionally difficult and major gateway courses at EMU. SILs are students who have good academic standing and have performed well in their selected courses. The Faculty Recommendation Form can be found at emich.edu/hsc under the Supplemental Instruction Tab, which can be submitted on behalf of potential new hires. Faculty interested in having an SIL student support their classroom are encouraged to stop by the recruitment tables between 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the following dates:
- Monday, Mar. 9 - 2nd floor in Marshall
- Tuesday, Mar. 10 – 2 floor in Marshall
- Wednesday, Mar. 11 – 2nd floor near the Eagle Café in Pray-Harrold
- Thursday, Mar. 12 – 2nd floor Atrium in the College of Business
- Monday, Mar. 16 – 2nd floor in Mark Jefferson
- Tuesday, Mar. 17 - 2nd floor in Mark Jefferson
- Wednesday, Mar. 18 – Lobby area in Halle Library
- Thursday, Mar. 19 – Lobby area in Halle Library
For any questions, please contact Judy Mack at the Holman Success Center at 487-2133 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOMINATIONS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED FOR THE 2015 STUDENT GOLD MEDALLION AWARDS: To nominate a student, organization or organization adviser for a Student Gold Medallion Award, please visit the Student Medallion Award homepage. Nominations are due March 13, 2015 by noon. All currently enrolled EMU undergraduate and graduate students in good standing are eligible to be nominated for Student Gold Medallion Awards. All recognized student organizations at EMU and their advisers are also eligible – for a list of all recognized student organizations for 2014 -2015 please go to: emu.collegiatelink.net. Any current student or EMU employee may submit nominations. For questions, please contact Lucas Langdon at email@example.com.
EMU CAMPUS BOOKSTORE CLEARANCE EVENT: The EMU Campus Bookstore will have an In-Store Only Clearance Sale now through Sunday, Mar. 22. The sale includes an additional 30% off previously marked clearance merchandise. This event will be supported by in-store signage and social media posts and does coincide with the availability of commencement regalia (and its early bird pricing), making this a great opportunity for students and graduates-to-be to save. The EMU Campus Bookstore hours are Monday through Thursdays 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Fridays 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturdays 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. For questions, contact Kevin McKay at 483-2850 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLANNED COMPUTING SYSTEM DOWNTIME: Monthly maintenance of EMU's computing systems will be performed on Friday, Mar. 6 from 6 p.m. to midnight. During this month’s maintenance program, the following major computer systems will be unavailable:
• My.emich (including faculty, student and employee tabs)
For a full list of all systems affected please visit IT’s system outage page: http://it.emich.edu/portal/systems/index.cfm?fuseaction=all
All other systems and services remain AVAILABLE including:
• Wired and Wireless Internet Access (residence halls, offices, and classrooms)
• EMU-Online course management system ( http://emuonline.edu )
• Online Hiring System ( www.emich.edu/jobs )
• EagleMail (available at https://mail.emich.edu/)
• Google Apps (http://google.emich.edu)
All planned maintenance for major EMU systems is scheduled in conjunction with the ERP-Business Operations Committee (BOC). The BOC includes representation from various campus units and Faculty Senate. Please contact the Help Desk at 487-2120 or email@example.com if you have any questions about this scheduled downtime. We appreciate your patience during this important and required system outage.
CAMPUS SAFETY AWARENESS & HAZARD COMMUNICATION TRAINING: All new EMU employees of the University are required to attend one of the Safety Awareness & Hazard Communication training sessions presented by the EMU Environmental Health Safety (EHS). Training sessions will be held in room 300 in Halle Library on the following dates:
- Monday, Mar. 9 - 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, Apr. 14 - 1:30 - 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 13 - 1:30 - 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 9, 2015- 1:30 - 3 p.m.
To register please contact the EHS office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 487-0794.
HATS OFF TO READING: In honor of Dr Seuss’ birthday, the EMU Campus Bookstore will host a "Hats Off to Reading" event today, Mar. 4 from 9:30 - 11 a.m. Special guest readers will read from select Dr Seuss books. Children can complete a small activity/coloring pages and will receive a free Dr. Seuss related bookmark. The event is free and open to the public. For questions, contact Kevin McKay at 483-2850 or email at email@example.com.
* NUTRITION WORKSHOP: Join the Women's Resource Center today, Mar. 4 at 12:30 p.m. in room 300 in Halle Library when Allison Jay, from the Office of Nutrition Services (ONS), will present on Women’s Nutrition. The ONS, which is recognized as EMU's source for reliable and evidence-based nutrition information, provides one-on-one nutrition counseling, body composition testing, and nutrient analyses for students, staff, and all community members. If you are looking to stay on track with your healthy lifestyle, this nutrition workshop can help. If you have any questions or you would like to present, please call 487-4282 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
BIOLOGY DEPARTMENT HOSTS GUEST SPEAKER: The Biology Department is pleased to welcome James Cohen, assistant professor from Kettering University in Flint, MI today, Mar. 4 at 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. in room 154 of the Science Complex. Cohen will talk on "The Systematics of Boraginaceae and the Evolution & Development of Heterostyly." This event is LBC credit approved.
POST AN EVENT TO THE EVENTS CALENDAR: To submit a new event, click on Submit an Event, or go to the EMU homepage, click on "calendars," then click the green button labeled "Submit an Event" (located on the bottom left) and enter your event information. All events are subject to approval.
SUBMISSIONS IN EMU TODAY: Please note, EMU TODAY is an internal daily e-blast sent to faculty and staff. To submit an announcement or post an event, please forward your entry electronically to email@example.com. Please be sure to format your entry with a title and include a description of the event, where the event will be held (room and building), the date and time, and a contact name, phone number and/or e-mail address. For questions, contact Debra Johnson at 487-2484 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: An asterisk denotes a new item.