BOARD OF REGENTS SPECIAL MEETING: The Eastern Michigan University Board of Regents will hold a special meeting on Tuesday, August 2 at 4:00 p.m. in Room 201 of Welch Hall with the following agenda:
- Section 1 - Collective Bargaining Agreement Between Eastern Michigan University and the Police Officers Association of Michigan (Campus Police Unit)
- Section 2 - Collective Bargaining Agreement Between Eastern Michigan University and UAW International Union and Local 1975 Clerical/Secretarial (CS)
Please note that the following items will be prohibited at all meetings of the Board of Regents:
- Sticks and poles
- Any noise making devices
- Backpacks are allowed, but subject to search as needed
- According to EMU Board Policy 9.4, no person shall possess or use any firearm or other dangerous weapon, concealed or otherwise, on property owned, leased or controlled by the University or otherwise in the course of University business. Further, no person shall possess or use explosive materials, incendiary devices or other dangerous objects or substances on property owned, leased or controlled by the University or otherwise in the course of University business.
We ask that you respect the spirit of this forum and allow all speakers the opportunity to speak and conduct official business. Behavior that disrupts the event or prevents speakers from being heard, or from being able to continue, is prohibited. Failure to comply may result in criminal and/or student conduct code sanctions. For additional information or questions, please visit the Board of Regents homepage or contact Vicki Reaume at 487-2410 or by email.
MCKENNY STAFF AND PEASE PARKING LOTS CLOSURE: The McKenny Staff Parking Lot will be closed for maintenance starting the morning of Friday, July 22, and will reopen the following Monday morning, on July 25. The Pease Parking Lots (staff, commuter and pay lot) will be closed for maintenance July 25 - 31.
FORD PARKING LOTS CLOSURE: The Ford Commuter Parking Lot, Ford Staff Lot and Ford Reserved Lot will be closed starting Wednesday, July 6 due to construction. As a result, The Alexander Guest Parking Lot will become a reserved lot for Ford Reserved Lot space owners. The work is expected to be done by Monday, August 22.
PLANNED COMPUTING SYSTEM DOWNTIME: Monthly maintenance of EMU's computing systems is routinely performed on Friday evening from 6 p.m. to midnight. During this month's maintenance program, the following major computer systems will be unavailable:
- EMU Website
- my.emich (including self-service faculty, student and employee tabs)
For a full list of all systems affected please visit the IT's system outage page. All other systems and services remain available including:
- Wired and Wireless Internet Access (residence halls, offices and classrooms)
- Canvas Learning Management System
- Online Hiring System
- Google Apps
All planned maintenance for major EMU systems is scheduled in conjunction with the ERP-Business Operations Committee (BOC). The BOC includes representation from various campus units and Faculty Senate.
EASTERN EXPERTS WEBSITE: The Division of Communications has established a new, robust Eastern Experts website. The EMU Experts Directory will highlight the wide variety of expertise and insight on our faculty, with the goals of enabling journalists to quickly secure experts to comment in stories and interviews and of helping community organizations find speakers for their events. If you are an EMU faculty or staff member with an area of expertise that might be of interest to the media or an area organization, we hope that you will consider becoming a part of the Eastern Experts Directory. The process is simple. Simply log on to the Eastern Experts Directory. There you will find easy tips on how to join the directory, along with tips on writing your bio and completing the expert form. First, click "Join the Directory" and read the text there. After reading the text there, click "Complete the EMU expert form" and then log in using your my.emich credentials.
SUBMIT AN EVENT TO THE EMU EVENT CALENDAR: To submit an event to the EMU event calendar, click on Submit an Event, or go to the EMU homepage, click on "calendars," then click the green button labeled "Submit an Event" (located on the bottom left) and enter your event information. All events are subject to approval.
SUBMISSIONS FOR POSTING IN EMU TODAY: EMU Today is an internal daily e-blast sent to the faculty and staff. To submit an announcement or post an event, please forward your entry electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to format your entry with a title and include a description of the event, where the event will be held (room and building), the date and time, and a contact name, phone number and/or e-mail address.
NOTE: An asterisk denotes a new item.