OPEN FORUMS FOR THE TITLE IV COORDINATOR POSITION: The Title IX Coordinator Search Committee invites the campus community to attend presentations and open forums for three candidates. The schedule is as follows:
- Justin Landis - today, Apr. 28, from 1:15 - 2 p.m. in room 330 in the Student Center
- Melody Werner, today, Apr. 28, from 2:15 - 3 p.m. in room 330 in the Student Center
Please contact Chiara Hensley at 487-0074 with any questions.
* TESTING OF CAMPUS EMERGENCY SPEAKERS: The EMU Department of Public Safety will conduct a test of all of the campus outdoor speakers along with the in-building speakers for two buildings, the Parking Structure and Goddard Hall, on Wednesday, Apr. 29 at 12 p.m. The test message will run for approximately two minutes.
- EMU Emergency Text Alerts: Every member of the University community is strongly encouraged to sign up for this free service. Sign up at EMU Text Alerts.
- Emergency Response Procedure: The EMU Emergency Response Procedures provide guidance on actions to take for identified emergency situations. Visit Public Safety Procedures homepage.
If you have any questions regarding the testing or other emergency management issues, please contact the Emergency Management Office at 487-0799 or visit the EMS homepage.
CAMPUS-WIDE DEPARTMENT COMPETITION: The EMU Children's Institute is having a campus-wide department contest now through Friday, May 22 to help raise money for the EMU Children's Institute Family Scholarship Fund. At the end of the contest, the department with the highest monetary amount combined will win six large-pizzas, chips and water (up to a $50.00 dollar value) to be delivered in June. Participation in the contest is easy. All you have to do is save the labels from Campbell products and box tops from participating products and turn them into the Children's Institute by May 22. Please include your department name, a contact name and phone number with your box tops and labels. For more information, or to get a collection bin for your department, please contact Beth Kahl at 487-2348 or Chris Finch at 487-2426.
SPRING AND SUMMER HOURS AT THE STUDENT CENTER: The Student Center hours during the spring and summer will be as follows:
- Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sunday: CLOSED
Student Center vendor hours may vary, so please visit the EMU Student Center homepage or call 487-1157 for more information on vendor hours. For any questions or more information, contact the Student Center Administration Office at 487-1100.
AN EVENT TO THE EVENTS CALENDAR: To submit a new event, click on Submit an Event, or go to the EMU homepage, click on "calendars," then click the green button labeled "Submit an Event" (located on the bottom left) and enter your event information. All events are subject to approval.
SUBMISSIONS IN EMU TODAY: Please note, EMU TODAY is an internal daily e-blast sent to faculty and staff. To submit an announcement or post an event, please forward your entry electronically to email@example.com. Please be sure to format your entry with a title and include a description of the event, where the event will be held (room and building), the date and time, and a contact name, phone number and/or e-mail address. For questions, contact Debra Johnson at 487-2484 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: An asterisk denotes a new item.