PLANNED COMPUTING SYSTEM DOWNTIME: Monthly maintenance of EMU's computing systems will be performed on Friday, Aug. 1 from 6 p.m. to midnight. During this month’s maintenance program, the following major computer systems will be unavailable:
• Banner Self-Service (faculty, student and employee tabs in my.emich)
• EagleMail (mail.emich.edu) - PLEASE NOTE LONGER OUTAGE FOR THIS SYSTEM FROM 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
For a full list of all systems affected please visit IT’s system outage page: http://it.emich.edu/portal/systems/index.cfm?fuseaction=all
All other systems and services remain AVAILABLE including:
• Wired and Wireless Internet Access (residence halls, offices, and classrooms)
• EMU-Online course management system ( http://emuonline.edu )
• Online Hiring System (http://www.emich.edu/jobs)
• Google Apps (http://google.emich.edu)
All planned maintenance for major EMU systems is scheduled in conjunction with the ERP-Business Operations Committee (BOC). The BOC includes representation from various campus units and Faculty Senate. Please contact the Help Desk at (734) 487-2120 or email@example.com if you have any questions about this scheduled downtime. We appreciate your patience during this important and required system outage.
* FREE PASSPORT APPLICATION AND PHOTO SERVICES: The College of Arts and Sciences now has a "passport" office, located in room 103D Boone Hall. The staff will help the campus community with both first time applications or renewals, and take the required photos. This is a free service, courtesy of the Dean's office. To make an appointment, contact Elisabeth Morgan, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 487-3389.
HURRY - SUMMER CLEARANCE SALE ENDS SOON AT EMU BOOKSTORE: Visit the EMU Bookstore's Summer Clearance Event and take advantage of the in-store sale of a additional 30% off already reduced merchandise now through Friday, August 1. Shop online clearance specials now through Sunday, August 3.
UPDATED RESIDENTIAL AND COMMUTER DINING PLANS: EMU Dining Services has updated their Residential and Commuter Dining Plans effective as of the Fall 2014 semester. These updated plans can be found at www.emich.edu/dining. If you would like to enjoy the savings and convenience of the dining plans including the All-You-Care-to-Eat Facility, The Commons or 10% bonus funds, stop by the Housing and Residence Life Office to signup.
POWERPOINT PRESENTATION AND VIDEO FROM BUDGET FORUM: The PowerPoint presentation and video from the budget forum conducted on June 11, by President Martin and CFO John Lumm can be viewed at: http://www.emich.edu/busfin/budgetforums.php.
CAMPUS SAFETY AWARENESS & HAZARD COMMUNICATION TRAINING: All new employees of the University are required to attend one of the Safety Awareness & Hazard Communication training sessions presented by the EMU Environmental Health Safety (EHS). Training sessions have been scheduled for the following dates:
- Thursday, Aug. 21, 1:30 - 3 p.m., room 300, Halle Library
- Tuesday, Sept. 16, 5:30 - 7 p.m., room 300, Halle Library
- Monday, Sept. 22, 1:30 - 3 p.m., room 300, Halle Library
- Tuesday, Oct. 14, 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., room 300, Halle Library
- Wednesday, Oct. 29, 5:30 - 7 p.m., room 300, Halle Library
- Tuesday, Nov. 11, 1:30 - 3 p.m., room 300, Halle Library
- Friday, Dec. 5, 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., room 300, Halle Library
Please register at email@example.com or call 487-0794.
DISSERTATION DEFENSE: Annette Richard, M.S., from the Psychology Department, will defend her dissertation, "Visual Attention Shifting in Autism Spectrum Disorders," today, July 29, 3 p.m., room 327 Science Complex. For more information, contact Ashley Stauffer at 487-1155.
SUBMISSIONS IN EMU TODAY: Please note, EMU TODAY is an internal daily e-blast sent to faculty and staff. To submit an announcement or post an event, please forward your entry electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to format your entry with a title and include a description of the event, where the event will be held (room and building), the date and time, and a contact name, phone number and/or e-mail address. For questions, contact Debra Johnson at 487-2484.
NOTE: An asterisk denotes a new item.