BOARD OF REGENTS MEETING: The EMU Board of Regents will hold its March 2015 Board Meeting on Tuesday, Mar. 17 at 1:30 p.m. in room 201, Welch Hall. Below is the schedule for the committee meetings. All meetings will be held in Welch Hall.
- Educational Policies Committee: 8:45 - 9:30 a.m., Room 205
- Faculty Affairs Committee: 9:45 – 10:30 a.m., Room 205
- Student Affairs Committee: 10:45 – 11:30 a.m., Room 201
- Finance and Investment Committee: 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Room 201
* NEW OFFICE OF RESEARCH DEVELOPMENT AND ADMINISTRATION WEBSITE: The Office of Research Development and Administration is pleased to announce that their new website has launched. The new website is more user-friendly with improved organization of content and ease of use. Feedback and suggestions are greatly appreciated as they continue to make improvements and updates. Please take a few moments to check it out at the ORDA homepage.
THE TRANSFER ADMISSIONS OFFICE HAS MOVED TO MCKENNY HALL: The EMU Transfer Admissions office has moved from Pierce Hall to room 246 in McKenny Hall effective on Monday, Mar. 2. There will no longer be admissions advisors available to meet with students in Pierce Hall, so please send prospective transfer students to McKenny Hall and prospective FTIAC students to room 220 in the Student Center. A secured drop box will be available outside Pierce Hall 401 for admission applications and transcripts. Should you have any questions, please contact Joy Ackroyd at 487-9529 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EMU CAMPUS BOOKSTORE CLEARANCE EVENT: The EMU Campus Bookstore will have an In-Store Only Clearance Sale starting today, Mar. 2 through Sunday, Mar. 22. The sale includes an additional 30% off previously marked clearance merchandise. This event will be supported by in-store signage and social media posts and does coincide with the availability of commencement regalia (and its early bird pricing), making this a great opportunity for students and graduates-to-be to save. The EMU Campus Bookstore hours are Monday through Thursdays 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Fridays 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturdays 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. For questions, contact Kevin McKay at 483-2850 or email@example.com.
* PLANNED COMPUTING SYSTEM DOWNTIME: Monthly maintenance of EMU's computing systems will be performed on Friday, Mar. 6 from 6 p.m. to midnight. During this month’s maintenance program, the following major computer systems will be unavailable:
• My.emich (including faculty, student and employee tabs)
For a full list of all systems affected please visit IT’s system outage page: http://it.emich.edu/portal/systems/index.cfm?fuseaction=all
All other systems and services remain AVAILABLE including:
• Wired and Wireless Internet Access (residence halls, offices, and classrooms)
• EMU-Online course management system ( http://emuonline.edu )
• Online Hiring System ( www.emich.edu/jobs )
• EagleMail (available at https://mail.emich.edu/)
• Google Apps (http://google.emich.edu)
All planned maintenance for major EMU systems is scheduled in conjunction with the ERP-Business Operations Committee (BOC). The BOC includes representation from various campus units and Faculty Senate. Please contact the Help Desk at 487-2120 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this scheduled downtime. We appreciate your patience during this important and required system outage.
EMU PARTNERS WITH ENTERPRISE RENT-A-CAR: EMU has partnered with Enterprise Rent-A-Car to offer on campus car sharing through Enterprise CarShare for students, faculty and staff. Enterprise CarShare is a membership-based, automated car rental option that offers a sustainable, efficient and cost-effective transportation alternative. Registered members will have access to a Ford Focus located in the Putnam Lot and a Jeep Patriot located at Mayhew Lot 1, by DPS.
EMU students, faculty and staff who are 18 years old and older are eligible for membership in Enterprise CarShare, which offers 24/7 access to hourly, daily and overnight rentals. Members reserve a vehicle online, then access the vehicle using a membership card and return it to the same location. Fuel, basic physical damage and state-required liability protection are included in the standard rate plan.
Now through March 15, Enterprise CarShare will offer new members a discounted application fee of $1 and will waive the first-year membership fee. Additionally, new members will receive $5 hourly rates until March 15. EMU students, faculty and staff can join with a credit card and valid driver’s license and can sign up for the program at www.enterprisecarshare.com/emich. Enter promotional code SPRING on the application. More information is available by visiting www.enterprisecarshare.com/emich, the Enterprise CarShare Facebook page, or by following @carshare on Twitter, or on Google+. Members can also download the new Enterprise CarShare app for iPhone and Android devices to make or modify reservations, extend rentals and choose pickup locations.
CAMPUS SAFETY AWARENESS & HAZARD COMMUNICATION TRAINING: All new EMU employees of the University are required to attend one of the Safety Awareness & Hazard Communication training sessions presented by the EMU Environmental Health Safety (EHS). Training sessions will be held in room 300 in Halle Library on the following dates:
- Monday, Mar. 9 - 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, Apr. 14 - 1:30 - 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 13 - 1:30 - 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 9, 2015- 1:30 - 3 p.m.
To register please contact the EHS office at email@example.com or call 487-0794.
POST AN EVENT TO THE EVENTS CALENDAR: To submit a new event, click on Submit an Event, or go to the EMU homepage, click on "calendars," then click the green button labeled "Submit an Event" (located on the bottom left) and enter your event information. All events are subject to approval.
SUBMISSIONS IN EMU TODAY: Please note, EMU TODAY is an internal daily e-blast sent to faculty and staff. To submit an announcement or post an event, please forward your entry electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to format your entry with a title and include a description of the event, where the event will be held (room and building), the date and time, and a contact name, phone number and/or e-mail address. For questions, contact Debra Johnson at 487-2484 or email at email@example.com.
NOTE: An asterisk denotes a new item.