PROVOST'S OFFICE TO HOST EAA FORUM: On Wednesday, Mar. 12, from 11 a.m. to noon in the Student Center Auditorium, the Office of the Provost will host a public forum on the Educational Achievement Authority (EAA). The forum’s participants will include EAA Chancellor John Covington as well as students, staff, faculty and parents from the district. The format of the forum includes a presentation by the EAA participants about the EAA’s mission, activities and results. That will be followed by a Q&A session to support the audience’s questions. The forum will be taped for those who can not attend. Public parking is available in the Student Center parking lots off Oakwood Street and Huron River Drive.
BOARD OF REGENTS MEETING: The EMU Board of Regents will hold its March 2014 board meeting on Tuesday, Mar. 25, at 1:30 p.m., in room 201, Welch Hall. Below is the schedule for the committee meetings. All meetings are in Welch Hall.
- Athletic Affairs: 8:30 - 9:15 a.m., Room 201
- Educational Policies: 8:30 - 9:15 a.m., Room 205
- Faculty Affairs: 9:30 - 10:15 a.m., Room 205
- Student Affairs: 10:30 - 11:15 a.m., Room 205
- Finance and Investment: 11:30 - 12:15 p.m., Room 201
CAMPUS SAFETY AWARENESS & HAZARD COMMUNICATION TRAINING: All new employees of the University are required to attend one of the Safety Awareness & Hazard Communication training sessions presented by the EMU Environmental Health Safety (EHS). Training sessions have been scheduled for the following dates:
- Tuesday, Mar. 11, 8:30 - 10 a.m., room 300, Halle Library
- Wednesday, Mar. 12, 1:30 - 3 p.m., room 300, Halle Library
- Monday, Apr. 14, 8:30 - 10 a.m., room 300, Halle Library
- Wednesday, Apr. 16, 1:30 - 3 p.m., room 300, Halle Library
- Wednesday, May 14, 1:30 - 3 p.m., room 300, Halle Library
- Thursday, May 15, 1:30 - 3 p.m., room 300, Halle Library
- Tuesday, June 10, 8:30 - 10 a.m., room 300, Halle Library
- Monday, June 16, 1:30 - 3 p.m., room 300, Halle Library
Please register at email@example.com or call 487-0794.
EMU ETHICS AND COMPLIANCE REPORTING HOTLINE: The Ethics and Compliance Reporting Hotline is active and available to faculty and staff. Established by the Board of Regents in January 2007, the Hotline includes a toll-free telephone number and website where individuals can report, anonymously if they choose, an ethical or compliance-related issue involving any Eastern employee. The Hotline is operated by Global Compliance, a leading global provider of comprehensive, integrated compliance solutions. The toll-free number and website are available 24/7, 365 days a year. The toll-free number is 866-213-4862. The website can be accessed at Compliance Helpline.
THIRD ANNUAL SOCIAL WORK ALUMNI LECTURE SERIES: The Third Annual Social Work Alumni Lecture Series will be held today, Mar. 7, 12 - 4:30 p.m., at the Student Center. To register please call 487-8040 or go to Social Work Alumni Lecture Registration.
EMU WOMEN'S TENNIS TAKES ON YOUNGSTOWN STATE: Come on over to Chippewa Club and cheer on the EMU Women's Tennis team as they play against Youngstown State today, Mar. 7, at 1 p.m. For the complete schedule, please visit EMU Women's Tennis.
PLANNED COMPUTING SYSTEM DOWNTIME: Monthly maintenance will be performed on EMU's computing systems tonight, Mar. 7, 6 p.m. to midnight. During this month’s maintenance program, the following major computer systems will be unavailable:
• EMU Website (www.emich.edu)
• Banner Self-Service (faculty, student and employee tabs in my.emich)
For a full list of all systems affected please visit IT’s system outage page: http://it.emich.edu/portal/systems/index.cfm?fuseaction=all
All other systems and services remain AVAILABLE including:
• Wired and Wireless Internet Access (residence halls, offices, and classrooms)
• EMU-Online course management system ( http://emuonline.edu )
• Online Hiring System ( www.emujobs.com )
• EagleMail (mail.emich.edu)
All planned maintenance for major EMU systems is scheduled in conjunction with the ERP-Business Operations Committee (BOC). The BOC includes representation from various campus units and Faculty Senate. Please contact the Help Desk at (734) 487-2120 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this scheduled downtime. We appreciate your patience during this important and required system outage.
SUBMISSIONS IN EMU TODAY: Please note, EMU TODAY is an internal daily e-blast sent to faculty and staff. To submit an announcement or post an event, please forward your entry electronically to email@example.com. Please be sure to format your entry with a title and include a description of the event, where the event will be held (room and building), the date and time, and a contact name, phone number and/or e-mail address. For questions, contact Debra Johnson at 487-2484.
NOTE: An asterisk denotes a new item.