BOARD OF REGENTS MEETING: The EMU Board of Regents will hold its March 2015 Board Meeting on Tuesday, Mar. 17 at 1:30 p.m. in room 201, Welch Hall. Below is the schedule for the committee meetings. All meetings will be held in Welch Hall.
- Educational Policies Committee: 8:45 - 9:30 a.m., Room 205
- Faculty Affairs Committee: 9:45 – 10:30 a.m., Room 205
- Student Affairs Committee: 10:45 – 11:30 a.m., Room 201
- Finance and Investment Committee: 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Room 201
* CALL FOR PRESENTERS: The Women's Resource Center will be kicking off another round of Brown Bag Lunch presentations for the fall 2015 school year and we want you! The Brown Bag presentations are a semester long series of lectures or workshops that address a broad spectrum of issues relevant to women-identified individuals. The program is designed to provide women-identified faculty, staff and students on campus a safe space to discuss issues and provide them with education and resources to empower them to make an impact in the community. If you are interested in presenting, or know someone who would benefit from presenting, please submit the form at Brown Bag Lunch Presentation Interest Form. If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com or call 487-4282.
SUPPLEMENTAL INSTRUCTION RECRUITMENT: The Holman Success Center is currently looking for qualified students to serve as Supplemental Instruction Leaders (SIL) for traditionally difficult and major gateway courses at EMU. SILs are students who have good academic standing and have performed well in their selected courses. The Faculty Recommendation Form can be found at emich.edu/hsc under the Supplemental Instruction Tab, which can be submitted on behalf of potential new hires. Faculty interested in having an SIL student support their classroom are encouraged to stop by the recruitment tables between 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the following dates:
- Monday, Mar. 9 - 2nd floor in Marshall
- Tuesday, Mar. 10 – 2 floor in Marshall
- Wednesday, Mar. 11 – 2nd floor near the Eagle Café in Pray-Harrold
- Thursday, Mar. 12 – 2nd floor Atrium in the College of Business
- Monday, Mar. 16 – 2nd floor in Mark Jefferson
- Tuesday, Mar. 17 - 2nd floor in Mark Jefferson
- Wednesday, Mar. 18 – Lobby area in Halle Library
- Thursday, Mar. 19 – Lobby area in Halle Library
For any questions, please contact Judy Mack at the Holman Success Center at 487-2133 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOMINATIONS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED FOR THE 2015 STUDENT GOLD MEDALLION AWARDS: To nominate a student, organization or organization adviser for a Student Gold Medallion Award, please visit the Student Medallion Award homepage. Nominations are due March 13, 2015 by noon. All currently enrolled EMU undergraduate and graduate students in good standing are eligible to be nominated for Student Gold Medallion Awards. All recognized student organizations at EMU and their advisers are also eligible – for a list of all recognized student organizations for 2014 -2015 please go to: emu.collegiatelink.net. Any current student or EMU employee may submit nominations. For questions, please contact Lucas Langdon at email@example.com.
EMU CAMPUS BOOKSTORE CLEARANCE EVENT: The EMU Campus Bookstore will have an In-Store Only Clearance Sale now through Sunday, Mar. 22. The sale includes an additional 30% off previously marked clearance merchandise. This event will be supported by in-store signage and social media posts and does coincide with the availability of commencement regalia (and its early bird pricing), making this a great opportunity for students and graduates-to-be to save. The EMU Campus Bookstore hours are Monday through Thursdays 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Fridays 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturdays 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. For questions, contact Kevin McKay at 483-2850 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLANNED COMPUTING SYSTEM DOWNTIME: Monthly maintenance of EMU's computing systems will be performed on Friday, Mar. 6 from 6 p.m. to midnight. During this month’s maintenance program, the following major computer systems will be unavailable:
• My.emich (including faculty, student and employee tabs)
For a full list of all systems affected please visit IT’s system outage page: http://it.emich.edu/portal/systems/index.cfm?fuseaction=all
All other systems and services remain AVAILABLE including:
• Wired and Wireless Internet Access (residence halls, offices, and classrooms)
• EMU-Online course management system ( http://emuonline.edu )
• Online Hiring System ( www.emich.edu/jobs )
• EagleMail (available at https://mail.emich.edu/)
• Google Apps (http://google.emich.edu)
All planned maintenance for major EMU systems is scheduled in conjunction with the ERP-Business Operations Committee (BOC). The BOC includes representation from various campus units and Faculty Senate. Please contact the Help Desk at 487-2120 or email@example.com if you have any questions about this scheduled downtime. We appreciate your patience during this important and required system outage.
CAMPUS SAFETY AWARENESS & HAZARD COMMUNICATION TRAINING: All new EMU employees of the University are required to attend one of the Safety Awareness & Hazard Communication training sessions presented by the EMU Environmental Health Safety (EHS). Training sessions will be held in room 300 in Halle Library on the following dates:
- Monday, Mar. 9 - 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, Apr. 14 - 1:30 - 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 13 - 1:30 - 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 9, 2015- 1:30 - 3 p.m.
To register please contact the EHS office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 487-0794.
MARGE PIERCY, FEMINIST, POET AND AWARD-WINNING AUTHOR TO SPEAK AT EMU: EMU Campus Life, in collaboration with Women’s and Gender Studies and Jewish Studies is pleased to welcome Marge Piercy, tonight, Mar. 5 in the Student Center Auditorium. There will be a reception from 4:30 - 5:45 p.m. just outside the Auditorium and the keynote address will be held from 6 - 7:30 p.m.
Piercy is the author of seventeen novels; eighteen volumes of poetry, and a critically acclaimed memoir Sleeping with Cats. Born in center city Detroit, educated at U of M, she is the recipient of four honorary doctorates and has been a key player in many of the major progressive political battles of our time. Her first collection of short stories The Cost of Lunch, Etc. was published in the Summer of 2014, and her nineteenth volume of poetry, Made in Detroit, is forthcoming from Knopf in April of 2015. The event is free and open to the public. No EMU-ID required. For more information, contact Campus Life at 487-3045, email@example.com, emich.edu/campuslife or like us on Facebook at fb.me/EMUcampuslife.
POST AN EVENT TO THE EVENTS CALENDAR: To submit a new event, click on Submit an Event, or go to the EMU homepage, click on "calendars," then click the green button labeled "Submit an Event" (located on the bottom left) and enter your event information. All events are subject to approval.
SUBMISSIONS IN EMU TODAY: Please note, EMU TODAY is an internal daily e-blast sent to faculty and staff. To submit an announcement or post an event, please forward your entry electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to format your entry with a title and include a description of the event, where the event will be held (room and building), the date and time, and a contact name, phone number and/or e-mail address. For questions, contact Debra Johnson at 487-2484 or email at email@example.com.
NOTE: An asterisk denotes a new item.