WELCOME TO THE EMU COMMUNITY - PRESIDENT'S PICNIC: EMU Interim President, Provost and Executive Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs Kim Schatzel invites all members of the EMU community to enjoy a FREE welcome picnic on Wednesday, Sept. 9 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on the north side of Welch Hall. During the event, guests will be invited to tour the new offices in McKenny Hall.
The picnic will feature Asian-style take-out boxes with your choice of beverage. Chicken and vegan options will be available. Walk steps away to enjoy delicious and assorted dessert as you tour the new McKenny offices and renovated spaces including Alumni Relations, the Brehm Dining Room, EMU Foundation, Service EMU and Transfer EMU. Each location will feature a different dessert so don't forget to check out the new spaces. Visit the University Marketing tables to win EMU prizes and hang out with Swoop, the Cheer team and the Dance team. For more information, contact Kelly Brennan at 487-8898 or email@example.com.
EMU STUDENT HANDBOOK - NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE: The Office of the Ombuds is excited to announce the launch of the new and improved EMU Student Handbook, now available online. The EMU Student Handbook contains information about university services, policies, procedures, and other helpful information to support student success. For questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or, call 487-0074.
AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM INSTRUCTORS NEEDED FOR EMU BRIGHT FUTURES IN ROMULUS: EMU Bright Futures is a high quality after-school program serving 20 schools in Wayne and Washtenaw counties. For the 2015-2016 school year, Romulus High School is looking for enthusiastic, consistent and caring staff to join the team. Romulus High School is located approx. 15 minutes away from EMU.
- Must be able to commit to the entire school year (Sept 2015 - May 2016)
- Must be able to work Monday - Thursday, from 2 - 5 p.m. (12 hours/week)
- Must be able to attend occasional special events, field trips, staff meetings and professional development training
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must complete screening process before hire is complete
- Must be open-minded, unbiased and willing to learn new strategies for working with youth
- Must have some experience working with youth. Education, social work, social justice and psychology majors are encouraged to apply
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Can commit to working 6-week summer program (June 2016 - July 2016)
- Have experience working with at-risk high school students
- Comfortable independently planning and facilitating clubs and activities
- Available to work at 1 p.m. on Early Release Days (twice a month).
If you're interested in the position, please email Lauren Richardson, Site Coordinator at email@example.com with a brief summary of your interests, abilities, and/or goals. Also, please attach a resume. For more information about the program, visit the Bright Futures homepage.
SPECIAL HOURS FOR THE UNIVERSITY HEALTH SERVICES & PHARMACY: The EMU University Health Services (UHS) and Pharmacy will be open today, Sept. 4 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and closed for the rest of the day for the annual Open House and Vaccination Clinic.
ADD AN EVENT TO THE EMU EVENT CALENDAR: To submit an event to be posted on the EMU event calendar, click on Submit an Event, or go to the EMU homepage, click on "calendars," then click the green button labeled "Submit an Event" (located on the bottom left) and enter your event information. All events are subject to approval.
SUBMISSIONS FOR POSTING IN EMU TODAY: EMU Today is an internal daily e-blast sent to the faculty and staff. To submit an announcement or post an event, please forward your entry electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to format your entry with a title and include a description of the event, where the event will be held (room and building), the date and time, and a contact name, phone number and/or e-mail address. For questions, contact Debra Johnson at 487-2484 or email at email@example.com.
NOTE: An asterisk denotes a new item.