BOARD OF REGENTS MEETING: The EMU Board of Regents will hold its October 2015 Board Meeting today, Oct. 13, at 1:30 p.m. in room 201, Welch Hall. Below is the schedule for the committee meetings. All meetings will be held in Welch Hall.
- Faculty Affairs Committee: 8:45 – 9:30 a.m., Room 205
- Athletic Affairs Committee: 9:45 - 10:30 a.m., Room 201
- Educational Policies Committee: 9:45 - 10:30 a.m., Room 205
- Student Affairs Committee: 10:45 – 11 :30 a.m., Room 205
- Finance and Investment Committee: 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Room 201
RACKHAM OPEN HOUSE: Join the EMU community in celebrating the renovation of Rackham during an open house today, Oct. 13, from 4 - 6 p.m. Originally opened in 1936 as a children’s educational needs training center for EMU’s College of Education, Rackham has undergone a multi-phased, multi-year, $6.5 million renovation. Today, it houses renovated classrooms and labs for the following programs in the College of Health and Human Services: Exercise Science, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Office of Nutrition Services, Orthotics and Prosthetics, Physician Assistant and Social Work. Refreshments and light hors d’oeuvres will be served. Be among the first 250 to attend to receive a mini EMU-branded first aid kit. For more information, contact Rae Anne Yuskowatz at 487-8040 or email@example.com.
HONORS COLLEGE RIBBON CUTTING: Join us at the ribbon cutting ceremony for the new Honors College facility, located at 511 W. Forest Street on Friday, Oct. 16 at 1 p.m. There will be a brief program followed by a ribbon cutting ceremony on the stairs located at the West side of the building. Since the building is currently under renovation, the Honors College will host an Open House that will include tours in early spring of 2016. Due to limited parking, we encourage you to enjoy the fall weather and walk over.
UNIVERSITY HEALTH SERVICE PHARMACY HOURS: The University Health Services Pharmacy will be closed on today, Oct. 13, Wednesday, Oct. 14 and Friday, Oct. 16 from 12:30 - 1:30 p.m.
* PLANNED COMPUTING SYSTEM DOWNTIME: Monthly maintenance of EMU's computing system will be performed on Friday, Oct. 16 from 6 p.m. to midnight. During this month’s maintenance program, the following major computer systems will be unavailable:
• EMU Website (www.emich.edu)
• My.emich (including self-service faculty, student and employee tabs)
For a full list of all systems affected please visit IT’s system outage page: http://it.emich.edu/portal/systems/index.cfm?fuseaction=all
* PLANNED COMPUTING SYSTEM DOWNTIME: Maintenance will be performed on the computing system to install critical upgrades to several Banner modules (General, Human Resources, Position Control, Student, and Financial Aid). These upgrades will begin on Friday, Oct. 23 at 6 p.m. and will finish no later than Saturday, Oct. 24 at 5 p.m. During this upgrade, the following major computer systems will be unavailable:
• My.emich self-service faculty, student and employee tabs
• Xtender imaging
All other systems and services remain AVAILABLE including:
• Wired and Wireless Internet Access (residence halls, offices, and classrooms)
• Canvas Learning Management System ( http://canvas.emich.edu/ )
• Online Hiring System ( www.emich.edu/jobs )
• EagleMail (available at https://mail.emich.edu/)
• Google Apps (http://google.emich.edu)
All planned maintenance for major EMU systems is scheduled in conjunction with the ERP-Business Operations Committee (BOC). The BOC includes representation from various campus units and Faculty Senate. Please contact the Help Desk at (734) 487-2120 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this scheduled downtime. We appreciate your patience during this important and required system outage.
CYBER SECURITY INFORMATION TABLE: Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to visit a Cyber Security Awareness table today, Oct. 13, from 12 - 2 p.m. on the second floor hallway in Pray-Harrold to learn more about cyber security. Enter to win the popular "Think Before You Click. Post. Type." T-shirt or other swag.For questions please contact the Faculty Development Center at 487-2530 or email at email@example.com.
BREAST CANCER AWARENESS PRESENTATION: The Women’s Resource Center welcomes Jenni Hoffman, assistant professor of nursing tonight, Oct. 13 at 5:30 p.m. in room 310B in the Student Center. Hoffman will discuss breast cancer facts, prevention and strategies for self-checks. For questions, contact the WRC at 487-4282.
ADD AN EVENT TO THE EMU EVENT CALENDAR: To submit an event to the EMU event calendar, click on Submit an Event, or go to the EMU homepage, click on "calendars," then click the green button labeled "Submit an Event" (located on the bottom left) and enter your event information. All events are subject to approval.
SUBMISSIONS FOR POSTING IN EMU TODAY: EMU Today is an internal daily e-blast sent to the faculty and staff. To submit an announcement or post an event, please forward your entry electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to format your entry with a title and include a description of the event, where the event will be held (room and building), the date and time, and a contact name, phone number and/or e-mail address. For questions, contact Debra Johnson at 487-2484 or email at email@example.com.
NOTE: An asterisk denotes a new item.