* EMU'S CHILDREN'S INSTITUTE FUNDRAISER: The EMU Children's Institute is participating in the Little Caesars' Pizza Kit Fundraiser now through Tuesday, Feb. 10. To participate, please go to PizzaKit.com and click on "Products," then "Shop" and be sure to enter our group Fundraiser ID# 293569 so that the Children's Institute will earn the profits on your purchase. All purchases can either be shipped directly to you (additional shipping and handling charges will apply), or your order will ship directly to the Children's Institute for pickup on Wednesday, Feb. 18. Pickup time is 3:30 - 5:30 p.m. They accept both MasterCard and Visa. All proceeds will go towards Month of the Young Child in April. For question or more information call Jackie Swisher or Carrie Glover at the EMU Children's Institute at 487-2348.
CAMPUS SAFETY AWARENESS & HAZARD COMMUNICATION TRAINING: All new EMU employees of the University are required to attend one of the Safety Awareness & Hazard Communication training sessions presented by the EMU Environmental Health Safety (EHS). Training sessions will be held in room 300 in Halle Library on the following dates:
- Thursday, Feb. 12 - 1:30 - 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 25 - 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Monday, Mar. 9 - 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, Apr. 14 - 1:30 - 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, May. 13 - 1:30 - 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 9, 2015- 1:30 - 3 p.m.
To register please contact the EHS office at email@example.com or call 487-0794.
CPR AND AED TRAINING FOR FACULTY AND STAFF: The EMU Environmental Health Safety will hold training sessions for CPR and AED for faculty and staff members who may be interested in learning these skills. All sessions will be held in room 300 in Halle Library on the following days:
- Tuesday, Jan. 27 from 9 - 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 24 from 9 - 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, Mar. 25 from 9 - 11:30 a.m.
- Monday, Apr. 20 from 1:30 - 4 p.m.
If interested in signing up for one of the above training sessions, please send Kathryn Wilhoff an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with the date of the session you would like to attend. For questions, please contact EHS office at 487-0794.
COFFEE WITH THE CIO: Please join Carl Powell, the University's Chief Information Officer, for coffee today, Jan. 23, from 9 to 11 a.m. in the Library's Carillon Room, 301 Halle. Powell will discuss current IT initiatives and answer any questions you may have. Contact Carolyn O'Neill at email@example.com or 487-2371 with any questions.
PLANNED NETWORK DOWNTIME SCHEDULED: Maintenance of EMU's Internet connection, wireless (WiFi) network and wired network will be performed tonight, Jan. 23, beginning at 6 p.m. and completing by midnight. During this maintenance, all campus buildings will experience network service interruptions of approximately 1-2 hours. Computing systems hosted at EMU will be sporadically unavailable during this outage. The following services will be affected:
• Internet Access - all buildings - Internet access will be unavailable for up to one hour during the window.
• WiFi / Wireless Network - all buildings - authentication services will be unavailable for up to one hour during the window.
• Wired Network - all buildings; Network equipment will be restarted in all buildings to apply security and performance updates. This will result in short outages to wired network service in all campus buildings.
This maintenance is expected to be complete by 9 p.m., however, the full window is reserved in case issues emerge during the work. This maintenance is scheduled for this date and time to minimize impact on students, faculty and their access to campus services. Please plan to schedule work around these outages. For a full list of all systems affected please visit IT’s system outage page:http://it.emich.edu/portal/systems/index.cfm?fuseaction=all. Although network maintenance may disrupt access to these services, all other systems and services remain online and will be available as network service is restored:
• My.emich self-service faculty, student and employee tabs
• EMU-Online course management system ( http://emuonline.edu )
Please contact the Help Desk at 487-2120 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this scheduled downtime. We appreciate your patience during this important and required system outage.
SUBMISSIONS IN EMU TODAY: Please note, EMU TODAY is an internal daily e-blast sent to faculty and staff. To submit an announcement or post an event, please forward your entry electronically to email@example.com. Please be sure to format your entry with a title and include a description of the event, where the event will be held (room and building), the date and time, and a contact name, phone number and/or e-mail address. For questions, contact Debra Johnson at 487-2484 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: An asterisk denotes a new item.
POST AN EVENT TO THE EVENTS CALENDAR: To submit a new event, click on Submit an Event, or go to the EMU homepage, click on "calendars," then click the green button labeled "Submit an Event" (located on the bottom left) and enter your event information. All events are subject to approval.