Lectures & Presentations
EMU'S AMERICAN MARKETING ASSOCIATION MEETING: The College of Business will host the following meetings with guest speakers:
- Natalie Lampas, from Thomson Reuters on Wednesday, September 18, 4 p.m. in room 110 in the COB.
- Wayne Brannon, from Volkswagen on Monday, September 30, 4 p.m. in room 110 in the COB.
- Matt Warren, from Domino's on Wednesday, October 2, 4 p.m. in room 110 in the COB.
- Laneisha Gann, from Quicken Loans on Wednesday, October 9, 4 pm. in room 110 in the COB.
- Tour of Quicken Loans on Friday, October 11. Further details will be forthcoming.
- Jennifer Whitted, a small business owner on Wednesday, October 16, 4 p.m. in room 110 in the COB.
Please visit College of Business Events homepage to see the complete list of events. For questions or additional information, please contact Lindsey Gothard at 734-891-0441 or email at email@example.com.
TALK ON "THE MEANING OF (GAY) MARRIAGE": As part of the 2013-2014 Philosophy Speaker Series, EMU welcomes John Corvino on Wednesday, September 25, 5:30 - 7 p.m., in room 310A in the Student Center. In his talk, Corvino, a Wayne State University professor, and author of What's Wrong with Homosexuality? and co-author of Debating Same-Sex Marriage, will explain some of the philosophical debates surrounding the issue and critique the "new natural law" position, increasingly popular among social conservatives. With over a dozen states permitting same-sex marriage, several others considering it, and dozens of others banning it, the issue remains controversial. Yet it also invites some important questions--about the role of the state, the needs of children and the meaning of marriage itself. For questions, please contact Peter Higgins at 487-0419 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BOARD OF REGENTS MEETING: The EMU Board of Regents will hold its October board meeting on Tuesday, October 1, at 1:30 p.m., in room 201, Welch Hall. Below is the schedule for the committee meetings. All meetings are in Welch Hall.
- Educational Policies: 8:30 - 9:15 a.m., Room 205
- Athletic Affairs: 8:30 - 9:15 a.m., Room 201
- Faculty Affairs: 9:30 - 10:15 a.m., Room 205
- Student Affairs: 10:30 - 11:15 a.m., Room 201
- Finance, Audit and Investment: 11:30 - 12:15 p.m., Room 201