I am a Michigan certified teacher. What courses do I need to take to earn a GQ endorsement?

In general, you would be required to take the following classes. Please note that you can test out of BMMT courses. In addition, you can prepare a Prior Learning Assessment portfolio also for BMMT classes and up to nine credits.

You are not required to complete a teachable minor; however, the VT minor is recommended.

The general program is listed below.

Business, Management, Marketing and Technology Endorsement

Vocational Endorsement

A combination of work experience may be used for both Vocational Business (VB) and Vocational Marketing (VM); however, hours can only be used once. All hours must be verified by the BMMT Program Coordinator (or coordinator’s selected assignee) using designated documents (i.e. personal records, tax documents, Social Security records, etc.).

For more information on this program, visit our catalog page

I have an undergraduate degree from EMU (or another four-year institution). What do I need to complete to earn a teaching certificate?

You will need to complete the Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Education Program. Advising for this Program is done by the College of Education in coordination with the BMMT Program. For more information see Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Education Program information.

Advising for the Post-Baccalaureate Teaching Certificate is completed in conjunction with the College of Education’s Advising Office. Their phone number is 734.487.1416.

I want to earn a teachable minor. What minor do you recommend?

We recommend the Vocational Technical (VT) minor. This minor requires 18 credits and 4000 work hours (within the past six year) within the work area you choose in the minor. Work areas where we are approved for the VT minor include: