- An ability to select and apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of their disciplines to broadly-defined engineering technology activities.
- An ability to select and apply a knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to engineering technology problems that require the application of principles and applied procedures or methodologies.
- An ability to conduct standard tests and measurements; to conduct, analyze, and experimental results to improve processes.
- An ability to design systems, components, or processes for broadly-defined engineering technology problems appropriate to program educational objectives.
- An ability to function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team.
- An ability to identify, analyze, and solve broadly-defined engineering technology problems.
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- An understanding of the need for and an ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development.
- An understanding of and a commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities, including a respect for diversity.
- A knowledge of the impact of engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context.
- A commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.