What Are Other Universities Doing?
Other universities that Eastern considers to be peer institutions are investing considerable sums of money to upgrade their student housing to meet the demands of current and future prospective students. Many of these projects involve Public-Private Partnerships (P3). Eastern must take similar action or we risk being at a competitive disadvantage.
The following media links illustrate the significant investments in student housing made by some of our peers.
- Corvias expands historic public-private partnership (p3) with Howard University to include Howard Center renovation (Feb. 2019)
- A few lessons about Public-Private partnerships (Jan. 2019)
- Corvias selected for Lake Superior State University student housing partnership (Dec. 2018)
- Central Michigan University moving forward on campus housing improvements (Dec. 2018)
- Central Michigan University moves to improve campus housing (Dec. 2018)
- Appalachian State University’s improvement and development projects approved by UNC Board of Governors (Oct. 2018)
- University selects Balfour Beatty Campus Solutions for student housing project (Aug. 2018)
- Wayne State $1.4B/40 year housing partnership with Corvias to open this week (Aug. 2018)
- Purdue selects Plenary as preferred proposer for student housing project (July 2018)
- University System of Georgia seeks proposals to expand P3 student housing program (April 2018)
- New $78M student housing project underway at Oakland University (Jan. 2018)
- Western Michigan University - South Neighborhood Housing (2018)
- Wayne State finalizes 40 year, $1.4 billion student housing partnership with Corvias (Nov. 2017)
- Largest campus housing project in USF history unveiled
- Public-Private Partnership will transform underclassmen housing experience at UNC Wilmington